Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Hood wont open, please help. (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/hood-wont-open-please-help-5385/)

Hanr3 09-09-2006 04:03 AM

Hood wont open, please help.

I cannot get the hood on the '93 to open. I can hear the cable move around under the hood latch. But the latch don't move, no resistence at the handle in the cab.

How do I get the hood open?
Thanks!!!

hillbillyinOhio 09-09-2006 10:45 AM

RE: Hood wont open, please help.

with my 92 I had this happen a few times. WHat I always ended up doing was take the grille off. If you remoce the 8 or so torx screws, you can pivot the grille outof the clip, and then you have total access to the release. This worked for me, but there might be an easier way to do it.

Chevy Lover 09-09-2006 10:51 AM

'93 is one of the years that I don't have a manual for.Have you tried reaching under the dash and pulling on the outer cable?
Maybe remove the handle and see how far in the inner cable has broken, if it's close to the handle, peel back the outer case and use pliers on the inner cable.
I don't know if you have enough room between the fan blade and the radiator to use a mirror and some kind of stiff wire hook, or someone with a long skinny arm.

DetroitMuscle 09-09-2006 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: hillbillyinOhio

with my 92 I had this happen a few times. WHat I always ended up doing was take the grille off. If you remoce the 8 or so torx screws, you can pivot the grille outof the clip, and then you have total access to the release. This worked for me, but there might be an easier way to do it.

Gotta have the hood open in order to not break the grille right? or did you not have the 4 top screws in?

I havnt had to do this on my S-10 yet only my 'camino and it didnt have a grille.

Hanr3 09-09-2006 10:49 PM

I also ended up pulling the grille out like hillbillyinohio recommended. I had to buy a 6" long torx bit screwdriver to get the top 4 screws out. It would be best to take the grille off with the hood open, however it you pry carefully, you can get the grille out from behind the hood with the hood closed.

Turns out the cable slid out of the bracket that holds it in place.

Thanks for the help.

DetroitMuscle 09-11-2006 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Hanr3

I also ended up pulling the grille out like hillbillyinohio recommended. I had to buy a 6" long torx bit screwdriver to get the top 4 screws out. It would be best to take the grille off with the hood open, however it you pry carefully, you can get the grille out from behind the hood with the hood closed.

Turns out the cable slid out of the bracket that holds it in place.

Thanks for the help.

Make sure you get it back on the latch good, itll fall out again....I learned the hardway but I also now have a latch under the vehicle incase one breaks.