Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   How to disconnect this intake manifold connector? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/how-disconnect-intake-manifold-connector-6437/)

pilgrim 11-05-2006 09:59 PM

How to disconnect this intake manifold connector?

I'm replacing the intake manifold gaskets on my '97 blazer and I must say it's a weird design. I have most of the hoses and connections off and I still can't even be sure which parts I'm going to remove. I have the factory service manual, a Haynes and a factory computer program, and none of them have good directions.

My immediate problem is the connector pictured below. It's toward the rear of the intake manifold, and I believe that it is for the fuel injection system. OF course, NONE of the darn manuals mention this connector or how to remove it from the manifold. Incidentally, this photo was taken from the driver's side looking toward the rear of the engine. I'm confident that the two metal tubes on the left side of the photo are fuel delivery lines, and i wouldn't mind suggestions about how to disconnect them as well. I have already depressed the valve in the fuel line to relieve the lines of pressurized fuel.

Can anyone give me some help with how to disconnect this unit without damaging it?

[IMG]local://upfiles/1696/FA1D4B5D1A65427E95AA63B92EF63CA5.jpg[/IMG]

Chevy Lover 11-05-2006 10:18 PM

RE: How to disconnect this intake manifold connector?

I don't see a picture.
If it's the fuel lines to the throttle body, disconnect the rear connectors at the mounting bracket, loosen the bracket, then remove the 10mm nut and pull straight up.
If the fuel lines are not connected with threaded nuts, then you need a tool to release the spring inside the connection.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/EB20330853624D30B6A914D9415E7E13.gif[/IMG]

pilgrim 11-05-2006 10:21 PM

Thanks for the help on the fuel lines - but the bigger problem is the large black electrical connector next to them - towards the back of the manifold. Any ideas on that? It seems to show in the diagram you attached - it plugs into the large rectangular opening next to the lines. Do I just get under the bottom of the connector and pry upwards??

The pic shows up for me both as a thumbnail inside the post, and as an attachment (larger version).

Chevy Lover 11-05-2006 10:31 PM

Ok, see the white clip...release the lock tabs , pull up the white clip and remove. Then that whole big black connector lifts off. Take your time, work it with a screwdriver on the edges to get it started then it just pulls up.

swartlkk 11-05-2006 11:16 PM

There are 2 clips on the injection harness. One shown with the white locking tab and another under the harness.

pilgrim 11-06-2006 12:33 AM

OK then - I must not be seeing the second one. When I pull back the black cover I see a PC board and wiring connected to various points on it. Maybe the connector has two halves and I'm just seeing the top half??

Sounds like I need to get under the whole assembly and pry upwards. I'll try it.

Chevy Lover 11-06-2006 03:54 AM

Check for another clip on the opposite side from the white connector like Kyle said, same side as the wiring harness. Climb in and have a look.

pilgrim 11-06-2006 11:06 AM

Will do.