Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Misfire/keystuck (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/misfire-keystuck-5952/)

chucknienhuis 10-11-2006 05:22 PM

Misfire/keystuck

hey. my 00 blazer is driving me nuts, I recently had the service engine light come on for a random cylinder misfire, although there where no symptoms I did a tune up, plugs, wire, cap, rotar. The light stayed off and it ran fine for a week, now theres a misfire when I accelerate at 10 an 30 mph, and I can here an explosion in the exhast while it idles. With in a week my power seats stopped working, it won't shift to 4x4, and now my key is stuck in the ignition. The key will start and shut off the engine, but it wont return to the lock position. My question is, is their an common factor in all these problems, and what could it be?

2dr5spdblazer 10-11-2006 06:13 PM

RE: Misfire/keystuck

i guess you just got a bad round of blazer my friend. time for an LS1 Swap.

DetroitMuscle 10-11-2006 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: chucknienhuis

hey. my 00 blazer is driving me nuts, I recently had the service engine light come on for a random cylinder misfire, although there where no symptoms I did a tune up, plugs, wire, cap, rotar. The light stayed off and it ran fine for a week, now theres a misfire when I accelerate at 10 an 30 mph, and I can here an explosion in the exhast while it idles. With in a week my power seats stopped working, it won't shift to 4x4, and now my key is stuck in the ignition. The key will start and shut off the engine, but it wont return to the lock position. My question is, is their an common factor in all these problems, and what could it be?
you need to take it in to a pro, seems you got a bug, happen to have an aftermarket alarm and/or remote start on it?

Hanr3 10-12-2006 04:03 PM

Battery!!!!!!!!

Do you still have the AC Delco battery, if so check the positive battery cable. Remove it from the battery and look for corosion.

A bad ground will do the same thing. Check the battery, both cables before oyu move to anything else.

chucknienhuis 10-13-2006 01:54 AM

battery terminals are clean

Hanr3 10-13-2006 03:26 AM

I gather then that you actually removed them to verify that. I am not trying to sound condensending, its just that with the AC Delcos, it may lok clean from the outside, but the damage is on the insdie or hte battery. I have unbolted the cable and seen the terminal literally fall out and then the battery leaks acid.

If its not the battery, try replacing the ignition key, or check the ground to the ECM.
All GM vehicles have power going to the sensors, and the sensor is grounded throught eh ECM. The ECM reads the voltage and makes adjustements. The ECM is reading hte ground voltage and comparing it to what the sensor should be sending it. The ECM knows the voltage a normally functioning sensor should be sending, and it knows what it means when the voltage is different. It will compensate to get the voltage readings back to normal.

One other thing to check is the cables at teh starter. All power goes throught there, if you have a bad connection, or corrosion....

mrspeedy69 10-16-2006 12:59 AM

You may have a bad ignition. Seems like if the ignition has a bad ground or current through it, it can mess other things up as well.