Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Thermometer (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/thermometer-4704/)

GasCan 08-02-2006 04:46 PM

Thermometer

The thermometer on my 2001 S10 Blazer either needs to be recalibrated or replaced because of erroneous readings (Read 49 degrees yesterday when I know it was in the high 90's). Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Thanks

lastcoupe 08-02-2006 08:18 PM

RE: Thermometer

USUALLY this is caused by a sensor with the wrong resistance value (faulty sensor). It could be wiring or the Driver's Info Center, but for a few dollars it's worth throwing an AMBIENT AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR on it to see if it fixes it. The sensor is located in front of the A/C condenser, behind the grille. It is a small black piece of plastic with a 2-wire connector.

Hanr3 08-02-2006 11:35 PM

Is that hookd up to anything else besides the overhead temp? I mean, does it feed into the puter in any way?

lastcoupe 08-03-2006 07:24 PM

No it is not connected in any way to the PCM. However if you have Automatic HVAC control there are two of these and the second one is for the HVAC system.

Hanr3 08-04-2006 12:04 AM

How does that work?
What is the automatic a/c system?

Chevy Lover 08-04-2006 03:48 AM

Automatic a/c system
Automatic Operation
Automatic
The automatic HVAC system will warm up/cool down and maintain the interior temperature of the vehicle by controlling the A/C compressor clutch, blower motor, air temperature, mode and recirculation actuators to achieve the desired temperature. For fully automatic operation, both the blower and mode switches must be in the AUTO position. Blower speeds will change automatically based on inputs to the HVAC control module. The HVAC control module will always come back to the last settings after an ignition cycle.

In cold temperatures, the automatic HVAC system will provide heat in the most efficient manner. When the ambient air temperature is below 2°C (35°F) and engine coolant is below 10°C (50°F), the HVAC control mode will go into a purge mode. The HVAC control module will into a 60-second purge to the front defrost outlets. To warm the interior quickly, maximum heat mode is used where the blower is at maximum speed, floor mode, air temperature is in full hot and outside air is being drawn in. The vehicle operator can select the extreme warm setting, but the system will not warm the vehicle any faster. Once the desired temperature is reached, the blower motor, mode, recirculation and temperature will be adjusted automatically by the HVAC control module.

In warm temperatures, the automatic HVAC system will provide A/C in the most efficient manner. To cool the interior quickly, maximum cool mode is used where the blower is maximum speed, air temperature actuator is in full cold and the recirculation actuator is drawing air from inside the vehicle. The vehicle operator can select the extreme cool setting, but the system will not cool the vehicle any faster. Once the desired temperature is reached, the blower motor, mode, recirculation and temperature will be adjusted automatically by the HVAC control module.

GasCan 08-04-2006 01:53 PM

I don't have an automatic A/C system, I have the LS model. How hard would it be to replace the sensor and where would it be?

Thanks everyone for the responses...

Gary

Dory 08-04-2006 03:41 PM

in your owners manual there is a section on how to reset it. your talking about the one inside the car, the digital read out. if you cannot find your manual i'll gladly find the page and try to scan it for you. just PM me

GasCan 08-04-2006 04:00 PM

Thanks Dory, I do have my owners manual and I'll look in there. Thank you for offering to scan yours for me though. Have a good weekend and stay cool...

Gary

Chevy Lover 08-05-2006 12:50 AM

The temp sensor is behind the grille in front of the rad.
You need to remove the front grille as Lastcoupe described.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/88D804A0EBAE441F847C9AA3BB2CD5BC.gif[/IMG]