TrailBlazer GMT360/GMT370 (2002-2009) Tech Have a 2002-2009 Trailblazer, Envoy, Bravada or Rainier? Post your general tech questions here.

Help???

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 08:32 PM
roypai is on a distinguished road

it was a quart and a half in my 231 transfercase - did you happen to remove the top plug first when draining the t-case? the seal between the transmission and t-case can fail on these and it'll fill the t-case with transmission fluid. if the seal's gone you'll be putting that blue gold into your transmission....

Old 12-13-2013, 12:00 AM
RAMBS is on a distinguished road

Thanks Roypai, The fluid that came out was about the same color as what I was putting in. I dumped in 2 quarts, reconnected the battery took it off the jack stands, warmed her up and proceeded to get stuck again going up my driveway? The front wheels still wont engage. Back in the garage and I will have to drive the Jeep again.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:53 PM

So I replaced the transfer case actuator assembly. No luck. I still have no 4 wheel drive??? Any sugestions?

Old 12-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Why not have it scanned and attempt to activate the front output via a capable scan tool rather than throw more good money at it blindly? You may have stored codes that will point you to the problem.

It could be anything from a bad viscous clutch assembly inside the transfer case (new or used transfer case would be the fix for that) to a speed sensor or wiring problem.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:47 AM

Yea, I agree. I'm taking it to the stealership today. Thanks for all of your input.