TrailBlazer GMT360/GMT370 (2002-2009) Tech Have a 2002-2009 Trailblazer, Envoy, Bravada or Rainier? Post your general tech questions here.

i live in TX and my A/C is out, HELP!!

Old 08-03-2010, 05:10 PM
bigkeith11 is on a distinguished road
Default i live in TX and my A/C is out, HELP!!

i have an 04 trailblazer ext w/ inline 6. about a month ago the rear ac quit working (it stopped blowing air no matter what setting it was on). then a couple days ago my front ac stopped blowing also (no matter which setting it was on) i took it to a shop and had an AC check done and they said that it was the ac blower and resistor. then the price.... $499! so i politly declined their offer.

my question is, could the problem be the blower motor and resistor or something else? and if it is the motor how easy is it to replace?

Thank You, bigkeith11

Old 08-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It is quite possible that the resistor pack is at fault. I had to do one on my in laws trailblazer not too long ago. No rear A/C, but their fan just quit. It isn't too involving. It is located on the underside of the dash on the passenger side. Remove the hush panel and you'll see it right there. Two screws I believe.

*Moving to GMT360/370 Platform Tech*

Old 08-03-2010, 05:23 PM

yea, im thinkin thats it. one more thing i was wonderin about, do i have to replace the resistor with the motor? or could it just be the resistor?

Old 08-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Just the resistor. I have yet to see or hear of a blower motor problem with these trucks.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:35 PM

wow, i was surprised. i replace the old resistor and it still didnt work so it was actually the motor. i put the new motor in and the old resistor and it worked ok except for when i put it 5 but it was like that before the motor went out but i put a new resistor in becuause the old one was bound to go out soon.

sooo now that i have fixed the front a/c blower, i now am working on the rear ac unit. i have done some research and i know that the rear a/c is a totaly seperate unit. my problem is, where is the rear ac unit located??

04 trailblazer ext, inline 6, manual controls.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:21 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*I have combined your two A/C threads since they are both concerning the same subject.*

Old 08-11-2010, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by rriddle3
*I have combined your two A/C threads since they are both concerning the same subject.*
thank you!!

Old 08-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Administrator

The auxiliary a/c unit is located in the passenger rear of the vehicle behind the trim.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:14 PM

yea i got a diagram from a user on trailvoy, maybe i can give it to you and you can make a sticky with it??

Old 08-13-2010, 06:11 AM
Administrator

You can attach it to your post if you'd like by clicking on 'go advanced' and then scrolling down to the attachment section.