Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

2000 s10 blazer exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009 | 12:38 PM
|
Starting Member
Jfutch101 is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 s10 blazer exhaust help

i want to put a new exhaust on my truck and i was woundering what size i need all of the demensions would be great

its a 2000 s10 chevy blazer 4dr 4x4 trailblazer

and is the cherry bomb glass pack good like is it loud and all

lmk thanks

Old 03-11-2009 | 01:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look around. The sizes have been listed in quite a few other threads as well as some muffler discussions. I am sure the information you are looking for is already here.

Old 03-11-2009 | 02:34 PM
|
Starting Member

would you happen to know the exact size cause i dont want to get the wrong exhaust

the lenght is 29 1/2 i measured it and it and i dont know the id and od sizes but the od is center and the id is to the left

Old 03-11-2009 | 02:40 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

On mine, the inlet and outlet were both 2.25". Like Kyle said, this info already exists in other exhaust discussions, but you still might want to verify it on your own exhaust.

Old 03-11-2009 | 02:47 PM
|
Starting Member

alright ill keep looking but if anyone knows plz post in the thread

Old 03-11-2009 | 03:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jfutch101
would you happen to know the exact size cause i dont want to get the wrong exhaust

the lenght is 29 1/2 i measured it and it and i dont know the id and od sizes but the od is center and the id is to the left
Stock systems should be 2.5" inlet & 2.25" outlet. You can verify with a tape measure by measuring the outside circumference of the pipe and dividing by 3.14159 (PI) to get the diameter. This will tell you whether it is 2.5" or 2.25".

What you are describing in your reference to center and to the left is the inlet/outlet orientation. The factory muffler is a center inlet and an offset outlet.

Old 03-11-2009 | 03:43 PM
|
Starting Member

the glass pack doesnt have the possition any way or does it and i read on another thread that said 2.5 inlet and outlet

will i need to cut the old one off or can i unbolt it and bolt the new one back in

Old 03-11-2009 | 03:52 PM
Administrator

You will need to cut and then make whatever modifications necessary to get the glasspack to fit. A glasspack is straight through, no offset.

Old 03-11-2009 | 04:14 PM
|
Starting Member

alright thats fine i can weld it

does it need a support like the stock one has

will i need new piping or can i use stock

Old 03-11-2009 | 06:12 PM
Administrator

You will likely have to put in more pipe as I doubt you will find a glasspack as long as the stock muffler. This would give you room to correct the outlet offset using some bends available at any autoparts store. And yes, you will want to have a support in there. Just mimic the stock support if you can. I am fabbing up new model factory like supports for the exhaust system I am building on my K5.

Quick Reply: 2000 s10 blazer exhaust help