Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/)
-   -   Cold Air Intake Troubles.... (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/cold-air-intake-troubles-64859/)

Chevysrule5 11-09-2011 12:22 AM

Cold Air Intake Troubles....

I have a 2" body lift on my blazer and I ordered the Spectre CAI kit... well needless to say it doesn't exactly fit since the motor is set down two inches from the body now. Anyone else had this problem? Please help!!!

97cherryblazer 11-09-2011 12:29 AM

I think you need a two inch spacer in between the throttle body and the plenum. you can either improvise and use a 4 inch to 4 inch high heat pipe adapter or buy the actual one made for it.

Chevysrule5 11-09-2011 12:40 AM

do they make an adapter that goes between the throttle body and the CAI hat? the only throttle body spacers i can find are only one inch

Chevysrule5 11-13-2011 11:31 PM

bump... i need help please!!

97cherryblazer 11-14-2011 09:33 AM

Sorry for the late reply but hmm.. only one inch? well you could try what i said and use the 4 inch to 4 inch pipe adapter. but i was just thinking about it.. the bolt that the intake screws onto would have to be longer so im not sure how people got past that part.

but come to think of it.. just a one inch spacer should work not sure tho, when i have more time ill try to find more info for you

zr2dan 11-15-2011 08:44 PM

maybe you should just send the spectre back go to the local autozone buy a piece straight intake pipe a silicone connector and a filter that way your filter sets up a little higher closer to where it should be buy a L bracket and hose clamp to hold it in place i can see it work in my mind the air intake tube on my supercharger is mounted this way hope this helps you out

AJBert 11-16-2011 05:22 PM

I'm going to ASSUME you are having a problem with the heat shield?

If so, just CUT IT. If you don't like the oblong hole, weld up the piece you cut out to the bottom.

It really is that simple.

If you don't have a heat shield I really have no clue what your problem is. I've got a BL and the K&N and the only problem I had was with the heat shield. I did have to move the support bracket but that was too easy to even go into.

97cherryblazer 11-16-2011 11:46 PM

^^ yeah or custom make your heat shield out of sheet metal. thats what i did. i guess i to was a little confused as to what you where having problems with.

Chevysrule5 11-17-2011 11:00 AM

The heat shield is easy enough to do I have already taken that into consideration. My REAL problem is that the filter is so long that it hits the bottom flat spot on the inner fender. so as i said before the tube isnt lining up with the MAF sensor. thats why I am trying to raise the TB or the intake hat. So changing the heat shield doesn't really do anything for me at this point... thanks for the suggestions though. I am installing my TB spacer this weekend and will let you know if that is enough to make her work!

97cherryblazer 11-18-2011 12:48 AM

Well if that doesn't work then you can either get a different filter or you can order a piece of mandrel bent pipe and cut it to fit. or you can just cut the piece of pipe you already have to fit if thats possible.