Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/)
-   -   FlowMaster vs. Stock (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/flowmaster-vs-stock-41679/)

PaulO2288 03-04-2010 01:53 PM

FlowMaster vs. Stock

Ok, Im sorry for bringing this up but im a personal fan of flowmaster and i got into this arguement with this guy today and im trying to see if im possibly wrong. He says that flowmasters honestly dont really even out flow stock by anymeans. Straight through exhaust systems do. Im really wondering anyone knows that page where it was done with a bunch of mufflers and they tested the sound level and flow of them. If anyone can find it i tried or have any insite

Rogue 03-04-2010 02:02 PM

Found THIS.

Not sure how old it is. Others may have better links.

PaulO2288 03-04-2010 02:18 PM

Omg yes thats what I was looking for... Thank you!!!

Rogue 03-04-2010 02:20 PM

:icon_google:

PaulO2288 03-04-2010 02:37 PM

So there is deffinitally a huge difference from flowmaster to stock. I did think so. Ive always been wanting to get the Hooker MaxFlow too because its a straight through tube with a chamber design style muffler. Other than obviously flow i was wondering the difference. I cant stand the sound of magnaflow or anything straight through, They are too mellow and not loud as a chambered muffler. Idk im still thinking on possibly getting the max flow. I know it should possibly be louder at a higher rmp due to the straight design.

kevin turner 03-04-2010 07:41 PM

If you want a muffler that will last as long as the blazer. Get a dyno max muffler. They the best flow and sounding IMO, they have a sraight flow design and alumized. They will last forever. I had a flowmaster for about 6 mounths and it rotted. Ive had this one on for about 2 years. Hope I helped you on a muffler choice.

Note- they cost 10 dallors more than folwmaster. And get a offset if you plan on using the stock pipes. Another thing is that, more flow might be bad in some cases( may be worng). A tuned setup is the best for hp gains.

Spectreblazer 03-04-2010 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by kevin turner (Post 308006)
If you want a muffler that will last as long as the blazer. Get a dyno max muffler. They the best flow and sounding IMO, they have a sraight flow design and alumized. They will last forever. I had a flowmaster for about 6 mounths and it rotted. Ive had this one on for about 2 years. Hope I helped you on a muffler choice.

Note- they cost 10 dallors more than folwmaster. And get a offset if you plan on using the stock pipes.

flowmaster makes a stainless steel version in the 44 series. stainless doesn't rust.

kevin turner 03-04-2010 08:13 PM

I didnt know that but i still love my dynomax, sounds just like a v8. Well the combo I got does ( magna flow cat and dyno max muffler). A tuned app. for the blazer( the whole set up pipes and all ) is the best setup for hp gains.

wlorton 03-04-2010 08:16 PM

Very interesting.... I think that sound is much more important than flow persay for the blazer because with the block setup, there is not THAT much power to gain, but if you were to rebuild the whole thing, it would be more beneficial....

kevin turner 03-04-2010 08:46 PM

well a tuned aftermarket, bolt on, setup is the best hp gains. Just ilke the tuned headers are better than just bolting on a cheap pair thats not tuned. If you open the flow to much you will lose on bottom end and gain on top end. Thats the reason people dont use ture duals on the street. Their best on drag strip. well that much flow works best on a motor thats cranking 6000+ .