Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/)
-   -   JBA Headers with Body Lift & Crank/Shackle Suspension Lift (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/jba-headers-body-lift-crank-shackle-suspension-lift-99420/)

Doubledown 04-25-2019 05:06 PM

JBA Headers with Body Lift & Crank/Shackle Suspension Lift

Hello,
Getting the itch to do more to the Jimmy and was looking for headers. I found the sets of JBA (1842S) headers and looks to be the only ones I could find with a CARB number. If any one has any other options I would love to know about them as well.
Anyway, the notes from summit state that there may be issues with a lifted vehicle so I was wondering if anyone has a set of these on a body and suspension lifted blazer?
Also, it is murky as to the use of the secondary air pump. The notes say : "Fits models without air injection manifolds." however the picture (which may be a stock photo) at least shows one of what looks to be an air injection port.
Do these have injection ports on both sides like factory manifolds? Do is just have one or none" Not sure how they could get a CARB number for them if they deleted the air injection since that would never updated on the ECM for the smog check,
Lastly if these do in fact work for California smog trucks, are they worth the hassle in putting them on? They are claiming a 10hp/20ft increase over stock
Thank you

LesMyer 04-25-2019 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Doubledown (Post 707644)
Hello,
Getting the itch to do more to the Jimmy and was looking for headers. I found the sets of JBA (1842S) headers and looks to be the only ones I could find with a CARB number. If any one has any other options I would love to know about them as well.
Anyway, the notes from summit state that there may be issues with a lifted vehicle so I was wondering if anyone has a set of these on a body and suspension lifted blazer?
Also, it is murky as to the use of the secondary air pump. The notes say : "Fits models without air injection manifolds." however the picture (which may be a stock photo) at least shows one of what looks to be an air injection port.
Do these have injection ports on both sides like factory manifolds? Do is just have one or none" Not sure how they could get a CARB number for them if they deleted the air injection since that would never updated on the ECM for the smog check,
Lastly if these do in fact work for California smog trucks, are they worth the hassle in putting them on? They are claiming a 10hp/20ft increase over stock
Thank you

I honestly don't think they do much for a stock V6 Blazer (and I'm a hot rodder). These Blazers live and breathe at 2100 RPM. Nevertheless, I believe you can buy the headers that have the A.I.R. ports in them if you so desire. If you really want to slow it down, put big heavy large diameter tires on it!! You may very well decide the look is worth it, but just be aware.

Doubledown 04-25-2019 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by LesMyer (Post 707648)
I honestly don't think they do much for a stock V6 Blazer (and I'm a hot rodder). These Blazers live and breathe at 2100 RPM. Nevertheless, I believe you can buy the headers that have the A.I.R. ports in them if you so desire. If you really want to slow it down, put big heavy large diameter tires on it!! You may very well decide the look is worth it, but just be aware.

Too late on the tires, that was part of the body and suspension lift to 31s, but mine has the 3.83 rear and 275s factory so doesn't seem to be too different.
I did get the hypertech "tuner" really so i could correct the speedometer, but put the performance tune for regular gas on it and the firm shift which is nice. Not sure if that would benefit from those headers enough to make the $:HP ratio work enough to buy them though.

Wheela 04-26-2019 05:25 AM

I purchased a set of cheapie headers off amazon like 2 months ago:
They currently not available but for the like $75 i paid for them new it was totally worth it, did not notice any true power gain or sound but just nice to have them replaced.

Doubledown 04-26-2019 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Wheela (Post 707669)
I purchased a set of cheapie headers off amazon like 2 months ago:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They currently not available but for the like $75 i paid for them new it was totally worth it, did not notice any true power gain or sound but just nice to have them replaced.

I really wish something like that was an option but good ol' California requires "approved" only parts. which effectively means the same exact parts as all the other but they cost 50x more because the company had to pay California to review the part and approve it for smog.... aka extortion.

LesMyer 04-27-2019 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Doubledown (Post 707644)
Hello,
Thank you

To retain the EGR adn the A.I.R. system you want the 1842S-6 Headers JBA Performance Exhaust Part #:1842S-6 Cat4ward® Shorty

hurleyii 10-24-2019 10:00 AM

I am in the midst of doing a small off road build JBA headers without the egr tube on my 98 4 door. I’ve had a custom 1/2 body lift made and I’m hoping it’s just enough to get 31” tires in with a full ZR2 fender flare install. I’ve been told that increases wheel hub size although I’m not sure how yet. Have a full ZR2 for parts. I’ve also installed all new polyerathane body bushings and suspensions bushings. I’ll post up on header figment when I get to that point.

hurleyii 04-09-2024 11:14 PM

ZR2 fender flares.

Originally Posted by hurleyii (Post 714793)
I am in the midst of doing a small off road build JBA headers without the egr tube on my 98 4 door. I’ve had a custom 1/2 body lift made and I’m hoping it’s just enough to get 31” tires in with a full ZR2 fender flare install. I’ve been told that increases wheel hub size although I’m not sure how yet. Have a full ZR2 for parts. I’ve also installed all new polyerathane body bushings and suspensions bushings. I’ll post up on header figment when I get to that point.

Zr2 pickup bed flares increase the size of rear wheel wells by an inch I believe from my studying of them. Blazer flares bolt right up to a 4 door.
front fenders for ZR2 are completely different. Just by them off EBay they are relatively cheap. Least they where pre Covid