Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/)
-   -   my dual exhaust set up (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/my-dual-exhaust-set-up-91226/)

hylander6361 11-21-2015 07:23 PM

my dual exhaust set up

ok so i see on this sub forum dual exhaust doesnt get many replies if any, but i figured i would give this a shot.

so my plan is to get a set of ebay shorty headers (yes i know most people say they dont do anything) but they look better, and they have to be better at pulling exhaust pulses then those cruddy looking log manifolds, run each mid pipe down to a simple x-pipe, weld in an O2 sensor anti-fouler, then run 2 1/4 back to two glasspack type mufflers, then run 2 1/4 out to each side not sure if ill run it all they back or if ill dump in front of the rear wheels. undecided.

before you go off about how this is a stupid set up. i just wanted to say that my exhaust has multiple holes and needs to be replaced. this whole set up will cost less then 300$ and im not doing larger dia. piping because there is no point. you want to maintain heat and flow. and the new piping will be stainless albeit cheap stainless but is probably better then the rusty steel crink bent stuff thats there now

i think i have a pretty good understanding on how to do this and i have a good friend with a shop and a lift that can do just about anything.

my question is where do i/ how do i cross over to the other side? tbh i havent really looked to see but figured someone on here might have some advice.

thanks

Toocute350 11-22-2015 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by hylander6361 (Post 657643)
ok so i see on this sub forum dual exhaust doesnt get many replies if any, but i figured i would give this a shot.

so my plan is to get a set of ebay shorty headers (yes i know most people say they dont do anything) but they look better, and they have to be better at pulling exhaust pulses then those cruddy looking log manifolds, run each mid pipe down to a simple x-pipe, weld in an O2 sensor anti-fouler, then run 2 1/4 back to two glasspack type mufflers, then run 2 1/4 out to each side not sure if ill run it all they back or if ill dump in front of the rear wheels. undecided.

before you go off about how this is a stupid set up. i just wanted to say that my exhaust has multiple holes and needs to be replaced. this whole set up will cost less then 300$ and im not doing larger dia. piping because there is no point. you want to maintain heat and flow. and the new piping will be stainless albeit cheap stainless but is probably better then the rusty steel crink bent stuff thats there now

i think i have a pretty good understanding on how to do this and i have a good friend with a shop and a lift that can do just about anything.

my question is where do i/ how do i cross over to the other side? tbh i havent really looked to see but figured someone on here might have some advice.

thanks

i`m not sure how to install the tail pipes across the rear end area.But the way your gonna do it is the only true dual exhaust.You will have an increase in MPG..Most guys come off of the factory y where the o2 sensors are located with one 21/4 pipe ran to a single muffler with two exits on it calling it a dual exhaust.A true dual exhaust has 2 mufflers and 2 tail pipes.Not just 1 muffler with 2 tail pipes.If and when you do a true dual?Post some pictures with an updated thread.

chevy fan302 09-04-2016 12:57 AM

I'm wanting to do the same on mine but was trying to figure out a way seems there's the o2 after the cat would I need to fugue out a way to wire another or would just having it on the one side still work? Have you attacked your project yet

newguy 09-04-2016 10:13 AM

I put these on my truck. Very happy with them. havent rusted and very little discoloring
i also had the pcm flashed/reprogrammed which helps the headers.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

also get sparkplug wire heat protectors and some wrap for the headers. melting wire issues. I have a few but think I have all worked out now