Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/)
-   -   Need help on what to do with exhaust (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/need-help-what-do-exhaust-70110/)

taco2131 04-20-2012 09:44 AM

Need help on what to do with exhaust

Ok I hav a 2000 4x4 4door blazer. Now Im wanting to do a cold air intake, throttle body spacer, header n then exhaust. But I was wondering wat I should do for the exhaust because I dnt want tht raspy bumblebee sound, I was wondering how I could get more of a V8 sound out of it if its possible. Ne helpful tips would b great if anyone has done it. Thanx!!

newguy 04-20-2012 10:01 AM

Listen to flowmaster and dynomax on youtube

taco2131 04-20-2012 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by newguy (Post 515156)
Listen to flowmaster and dynomax on youtube

Well I've been listening to sum exhausts people hav dun on here with glasspacks n flowmaster n they just sound too raspy, no offense to anybody. I had a Dakota with a flowmaster n it was annoying to me lol. I'll check em out for sure tho. I'm open to all suggestions!!

newguy 04-20-2012 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by taco2131 (Post 515159)
Well I've been listening to sum exhausts people hav dun on here with glasspacks n flowmaster n they just sound too raspy, no offense to anybody. I had a Dakota with a flowmaster n it was annoying to me lol. I'll check em out for sure tho. I'm open to all suggestions!!

Theres different makes of each muffler with different sounds, Check em all out. Also when searching youtube make sure you listen to them on blazers!

50lb_cat 04-20-2012 11:19 AM

I have a super 44 flowmaster and a high flow cat, nice deep tone. Aslo, IMO, skip the throttle body spacer and the headers. They don't do very much for power in these trucks. Look into getting your pcm tuned, a lot of people will agree its the best bang for your buck power mod.

pettyfog 04-20-2012 11:51 AM

I prefer stock. Any change would be remove airbox silencer to hear intake..
but I get your perspective:
Here's some more info:
4.3L exhaust/muffler poll

taco2131 04-21-2012 02:23 PM

Yea I listened to the super 44 on the blazers, I like the deep tone a lot. So I think I'm guna get a high flow cat n tht muffler. Kinda keep it simple, no duals or nething like tht. Bit I dnt like chrome so for a tip you guys hav ne ideas? Just trying to figure out size wise wat I should go with. N I've also thrown out the header idea, read up on it n I wnt get ne noticeable gains. Thanx for the opinions everybody!!!

rexmburns 04-27-2012 09:17 AM

I don't have exhaust yet but I do have a TBS and I will tell you don't waste your money!! I installed it after my Volant CAI went on and saw no gains. They do nothing but make an annoying whistle sound everytime you accelerate. I have seen no gain in power or mpgs with it either.

1sttimejimmyowner 04-27-2012 06:31 PM

Heres what I would do take and run duals with H or Y pipe which will even your exaust flow then run turbos for the mufflers.I did this to my truck sounds as close to V8 as you can get.