Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/)
-   -   Need Quick Help Please! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/need-quick-help-please-41210/)

PaulO2288 02-22-2010 06:13 PM

Need Quick Help Please!

I have a Flowmaster exhaust on my 99 4dr Blazer and i was wondering if I can swap it over to my new 2000 Blazer 4rd. But from the cat back they have different bolt ups. The 99 has 3 bolts to make a triangle and the 2000 has 2. Also the 99 has a Y pipe in great condition where as the 2000 one is shot. So I was wondering if both Y pipes are the same so I can swap over the Y pipe back from the 99 to the 2000 and make it fit since then it will have the same bolt ups but i need to make sure both Y pipes are the same. Anyone know please? Thanks

Spectreblazer 02-22-2010 06:43 PM

overall i believe the piping for the exhaust should be the same which would be 2.5", i'd get a second opinon on the y pipe. they should be releativly close but idk if they had a small difference in the jump between 99 and 00:icon_shrug:

oktain 02-22-2010 08:10 PM

hmmmm... Look at the mounting connection point between the down pipe and the y-pipe... if that's the same between years, then the swap should be doable. The frames aren't different, so one y-pipe will fit under either truck... Get it? It all depends on if the bolts match up or you may be swapping Down pipes as well...

PaulO2288 02-22-2010 10:24 PM

Well since the exhaust bolts are different from the cat back i want to swap the y pipe and from there back, so pretty much from the headers back shall i say. So the Y pipe that goes to the cat, then to my flowmaster to the tailpipe

Edit: Just checked, They all look the same just different from the cat back with the bolt pattern. It should go no problem. The
Y pipe on my red truck is so destroyed and disgusting

old skool luvr 02-22-2010 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by PaulO2288 (Post 303812)
Well since the exhaust bolts are different from the cat back i want to swap the y pipe and from there back, so pretty much from the headers back shall i say. So the Y pipe that goes to the cat, then to my flowmaster to the tailpipe

you mean exhaust manifolds, right?

i can't see anyone going o the work of putting in headers, then installing a (custom) Y-pipe on them.

the systems will boult up no problem by the way.

PaulO2288 02-22-2010 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 303843)
you mean exhaust manifolds, right?

i can't see anyone going o the work of putting in headers, then installing a (custom) Y-pipe on them.

the systems will boult up no problem by the way.

Yeah meant the mainfolds back. So the manifolds are staying on, unbolting the y pipe and back and installing to the minfolds on my new truck. Thank you by the way

old skool luvr 02-22-2010 11:09 PM

on behalf of everyone that replied to your question, i can safely say "no problem".

ABN31B 02-22-2010 11:34 PM

:icon_ditto:
:icon_clapclap: <-- for my contribution...