Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

new spectre intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

K&N filters are hands down better.

IMO, the heat shield on the K&N is better as well.

And I cannot tell from the pictures of the spectre intake, but I know that K&N puts a lot of work into air flow at the hat (what's on top of the throttle body) to smooth the air flow into the TB.

Is it worth the price difference. Probably not, but I would definitely use a K&N filter.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:13 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

yea a k&n filter is on the list here soon

Old 05-03-2010, 03:07 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Same intake i got. It made a difference when in throttle response other than that it makes noise when you get hard on the throttle lol. Did i notice a difference yes, but not as much of a difference as my exhaust

Old 05-03-2010, 03:10 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I saw a spectre filter commercial the other day, saying it's just as good as the leading brand for half the price... I've heard that line before lol and as a result that filter ended up in the "special filing cabinet" lmao.

That thing is clean under the hood... I may end up giving my engine a shampoo this summer before my tune up lol. The more I see pics of your truck, the more I want it Steve... Hose clamp or not =P

Old 06-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road

Just bought one, will ship out tomorrow. I'm Excited. I got it from JEGS.com which was $118.95 shipped. just a little cheaper Autoanything.com

Old 06-29-2010, 08:01 PM
BanginBlazer39 is on a distinguished road

did you notice any HP gains or throttle response difference? i'd like to pick 1 up soon.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:32 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Just found this thread... Looks like a nice install... and nice find on the price!

Old 06-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road

tried installing mine yesterday..heat shield wouldnt fit. Jegs is shipping out a new one for an exchange tomorrow! Im impressed with their customer service..

Has anyone else had a problem with the heat shield?

Old 06-30-2010, 11:28 PM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 84BlazerS10
If that's the case why is K&N so over rated lol.
Stickers.

Lol j/k. The filters are better for K&N. I have one in my truck with the stock air box. Decent difference in power, not a whole lot in mileage though. Then again my foot weighs 300 lbs...

Old 07-26-2010, 07:58 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oktain
I saw a spectre filter commercial the other day, saying it's just as good as the leading brand for half the price... I've heard that line before lol and as a result that filter ended up in the "special filing cabinet" lmao.

That thing is clean under the hood... I may end up giving my engine a shampoo this summer before my tune up lol. The more I see pics of your truck, the more I want it Steve... Hose clamp or not =P

hehe did you get a silvy?

Quick Reply: new spectre intake