Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/)
-   -   Pace Setter exhaust for 93 s-10 Blazer (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/pace-setter-exhaust-93-s-10-blazer-1365/)

93LT 10-19-2005 02:12 AM

Pace Setter exhaust for 93 s-10 Blazer

Hi, new to the forum.

I have a 93 S-10 Blazer 4dr 4x4 with the 4.3 CPI "W" engine. I'm needing to replace the exhaust from teh Cat back and noticed I pretty much have 3 choices. One is the Pace Setter for what appears to be a universal 210.57, the second is a Dynomax system for 129.27, and the 3rd is to just take it to my local mufler shop and have a new muffler and tailpipe installed that'll probably last a couple years if I'm lucky for maybe 80 bucks (which is what I usually do).

Does anyone have any experience with the Pace Setter or the Dynomax systems? I'm looking for something fairly quiet, close to stock sounding.

xjeepguy 10-19-2005 09:16 AM

RE: Pace Setter exhaust for 93 s-10 Blazer

I did a pacesetter exhaust on one of my Cj7's and it was straight up CRAP. It rusted out within 1 year, the muffler itself had a leak when I bought it, the header flange was warped, and the fitment was all wrong. They left a little dent in the header pipe to clear the Z bar for the clutch. If I installed it the way they said to, It would have hit.

I had a dynomax system on my Yj, and it was pretty nice. 2 years until I sold it and it was still going strong.

KurtDCobain4ever 10-19-2005 10:17 AM

I just did a pace setter exhaust, there accually made by monza who make performance exhaust for ferrari. they told me when i put my on my nissan 240sx they said 7-10% horsepower boost and yes it is loud. Another good thing about pacesetter is that there cheap so u wont go broke buying it, it will run u only about $245 or so.

LoLoS10Blazer87 10-19-2005 11:33 AM

Pacesetter, in my humble opinion, is garbage. They're about the only ones that make an exhaust for my Supra, and I refuse to buy the sh*t.

They stick the Monza name on their exhaust, but they have NOTHING to do with the actual Monza exhaust company.

A friend of mine just put a Pacesetter exhaust on his '92 240SX and I hate it. At idle it doesn't sound too bad, but as you climb into the upper RPM range, it just gets buzzier and buzzier. He says it's got that F1 sound, I say it's got that Riceboy sound. He also got a cat delete pipe, so he's running it with no catylytic converter. That makes it louder and also accounts for much of the power.

I'm sorry if I sound angry, lol. I just woke up and I hate ricey **** that gives us tuners a bad name. I've still got ppl that associate me with the neon light and spinner hubcap crowd just because I have a Supra. Since when is a classic Toyota Supra ricey? [:@]

93LT 10-19-2005 11:59 AM

Thanks for the headsup. I suspect I'll just let the local muffler guy install one. He does offer a selection of various mufflers. I'm more in to stock quiet and smooth rides than I am in to gaining a small amount of performance and louder exhaust.

xjeepguy 10-19-2005 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: LoLoS10Blazer87

They're about the only ones that make an exhaust for my Supra, and I refuse to buy the sh*t.

You checked out suprastore.com? They have stuff for most supras. I love supras, and I am not a ricer. Supras are a little above the spinner\neon light crowd IMO.

LoLoS10Blazer87 10-20-2005 02:30 AM

I've heard of SupraStore.com but I've never been there, I'll def. check it out

Most Supra owners/fans aren't ricers, but in this lil hick town I'm lumped into the ricer category because I don't have a jacked up Z71, lol. All they know is it's foreign so I'm gonna stick a fart can on it and try to race everyone, lol.

Hanr3 10-20-2005 12:29 PM

Check with your exhaust shop.
We offer warrenties on all our exhaust parts. We even carry a line of factory style mufflers with a lifetime warrenty. Its a bit more in intial cost, however we have only had one or two returns that I am aware of. And yep, it was replaced free of charge.