Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/)
-   -   Performance exhaust?? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/performance-exhaust-72066/)

slowsinglecam 07-07-2012 10:20 PM

I just used new stock piping and a cherry bomb muffler. Sounds really good. Nice a deep and not all drones.

Jimmy_Blazer 07-07-2012 10:21 PM

Performance exhaust??

Anyone know of a decent performance exhaust (or something to make it sound good) that wont break the bank to harshly? Same with a cat. as well??

tibby 07-08-2012 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Blazer (Post 528806)
Anyone know of a decent performance exhaust (or something to make it sound good) that wont break the bank to harshly? Same with a cat. as well??

Any "complete exhaust kit" is asking to break the bank. I would just go custom and save a few hundred dollars. Go to an exhaust shop and either get a cherry bomb, flowmaster, thrush, magnaflow, whatever muffler you like put on with some 2 1/4 inch or 2 1/2 inch piping and be on your way. Cheapest way to go! If inclined to, also add a tip. Cats are expensive, it is just the nature of the beast. But I hear people getting high-flow cats put on. I think Magnaflow makes one. I'd check into that.

Antbankz 07-08-2012 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by tibby (Post 528819)
Any "complete exhaust kit" is asking to break the bank. I would just go custom and save a few hundred dollars. Go to an exhaust shop and either get a cherry bomb, flowmaster, thrush, magnaflow, whatever muffler you like put on with some 2 1/4 inch or 2 1/2 inch piping and be on your way. Cheapest way to go! If inclined to, also add a tip. Cats are expensive, it is just the nature of the beast. But I hear people getting high-flow cats put on. I think Magnaflow makes one. I'd check into that.

lmao dam ur avatar tibby. . i swatted my screen!:p

i just got my flowmaster,had it dump about 12in behind muffler sounds loud and deep!
a sweet rumble tone while at idle to.:icon_redcam:
if u dont want it dump 2.50in piping does the job nice..

50percentgenius 07-08-2012 05:24 AM

And make sure too look it up on youtube before you buy it by searching for what you wanna hear on a blazer, like "flowmaster super 44 blazer" or "cherry bomb turbo 4.3"

Or you could have a muffler like mine. I was going down a rough muddy road a few months back and bumped a rock causing a small hole or two in my muffler making it sound mildly throatier.

ooo.patrick 07-10-2012 02:23 PM

Does anybody have a thrush exhaust? This is the one im looking at Buy Thrush Turbo Muffler 17711 at Advance Auto Parts If anyone could tell me tips on putting it on or how, my buddy welds.

red06sc 07-12-2012 02:20 AM

I got a magnaflow cat-back off amazon shipped for $147. worked out good because i get a $75 rebate. Anyways.. got it on today, sound isnt much over stock... i can tell but its not loud, which for me works great. It might get louder once its gets a few miles on it. Performance wise i didnt really notice much of a gain. I think it has a little bit better of pick up.

50percentgenius 07-12-2012 02:08 PM

Here is the the Thrush Turbo muffler sound

And here is the Thrush Welded muffler sound

jwalker1992 07-12-2012 05:33 PM

my blazer has some little 12 inch long glass pack (dont know the brand) on it everything stock with stock cat to me at idle you cant hardly hear it then when driving it has a what sounds like a big exaust leak and i hate the sound im sure if it was put on right and not just bolted on it might sound alot better

redneck44244 07-12-2012 06:30 PM

i have the thrush welded muffler and it sounds just like the one in the video, from what ive read its just a cheaper knock off of the flowmaster 44 but, anyway i love it a very nice sound for a 6v.