Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/)
-   -   Running intake through hood (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/running-intake-through-hood-72469/)

tibby 07-22-2012 06:08 PM

Running intake through hood

I know a few guys have done this before, but I just installed an ebay air intake. I don't really like how the filter sits, so I had an idea to modify this intake a little bit. Instead of pointing the tube down, could I cut a hole through the hood and turn the pipe up and have the intake going out of the hood? I'm also trying to feed the blaze colder air as well. Any ideas on running the intake through the hood?

I would want something like this link barely sticking out of the hood. What ya think?

chris015 07-22-2012 08:02 PM

Eh,i personally wouldnt like it. Although Id see about doing something inside the fender. You can buy those cones,that are wide,but only like 3 inches tall. Ive wondered about putting one in mine. But i dont remember whats all in the way in the 2nd gens.

tibby 07-22-2012 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by chris015 (Post 531636)
Eh,i personally wouldnt like it. Although Id see about doing something inside the fender. You can buy those cones,that are wide,but only like 3 inches tall. Ive wondered about putting one in mine. But i dont remember whats all in the way in the 2nd gens.

Cones? Wha? This?

It looks like if you relocate the wiper fluid reservoir, that it would fit through the fender right there. I'm just stuck at what to do. I wouldn't know where to relocate the reservoir at.

Captain Hook 07-22-2012 09:08 PM

If you're looking for dry, cold air, why not just run the air inlet to one of the dash registers and turn the AC on?

247monster 07-22-2012 09:30 PM

what if you tucked it in front of the radiator but behind the grill ...less noticeable but still a working cool air
it wouldnt be high off the ground so if you go in some deep stuff ..could cause issues ..lol but how offten are you in water up to your headlight?

tibby 07-23-2012 12:02 AM

Eh, I've been close. I've had water up to the bottom of my doors. Water and mud that is.

I'm trying to think of a way to put a snorkel on the hood, but can't think of the best way to make the hole in the hood besides going with a ram air hood.

247monster 07-23-2012 12:27 AM

ram air hood would look sweet!! and would be nice to actully see a functional one at that lol
you can always go out the side of the fender like...awh cant think of his name but hes from Wisconsin (if that helps lol) but where the airbox sits he drilled a hole in the fender and ran a pipe on top of the fender then up the A pillar ...

or what if you had it under the wipers...notch your hood in the middle at the end (nearest to the windsheild) you can mount the snorkel to the firewall and it would be feed RIGHT into the TB all you would need is like 5 ins of 3in tubing and you would have to move your massairflow (i think thats what that censor is lol) ...but it would be high and away from water you still get your snorkel it could work...i think lol =P haha
i hope im being helpfull lol

Carrico4 07-28-2012 12:48 AM

ive thought about this bc i see water/mud, and frankly my engine bay is too hot for it to be drawing in cold air, but depending on if you the intake you have, just take the main part *where the tb is* and route a hose after the maf straight up to the hood. I saw someones cherokee done like this *those engines get so damn hot* and it look like he had stacks/headers going up, but it was just the intake, their wasnt an air filter on it though just open air. either that or get a smaller windsheild washer holder and mount it under the truck or under the battery tray and go through the fender.

97cherryblazer 07-28-2012 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook (Post 531645)
If you're looking for dry, cold air, why not just run the air inlet to one of the dash registers and turn the AC on?

LOL!!! im not sure im reading this right but are you saying run the air intake inside the cab to an air vent and turn on the AC? I think that would be the funniest thing i have seen...

tibby 07-28-2012 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Carrico4 (Post 532531)
ive thought about this bc i see water/mud, and frankly my engine bay is too hot for it to be drawing in cold air, but depending on if you the intake you have, just take the main part *where the tb is* and route a hose after the maf straight up to the hood. I saw someones cherokee done like this *those engines get so damn hot* and it look like he had stacks/headers going up, but it was just the intake, their wasnt an air filter on it though just open air. either that or get a smaller windsheild washer holder and mount it under the truck or under the battery tray and go through the fender.

How exactly does this work for a blazer? How would you be able to open the hood? I would love to have my intake go through my hood, but I don't see how it could be done in a blazer.