Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/)
-   -   Throttle Body Spacer (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/throttle-body-spacer-2088/)

djbass_mekanik 01-17-2006 05:26 AM

Throttle Body Spacer

Does any one have one on theirs?? what kind.. does it wrk?? would u recomend it?? pros and cons.. let me know thnx

LoLoS10Blazer87 01-20-2006 03:25 AM

RE: Throttle Body Spacer

I've been looking at these too, anyone that's dealt with them, please share

djbass_mekanik 01-20-2006 06:00 AM

Wat type u wana get?? im lookin at the jet brand.. like 87 bux i think... but dont know if its an advantage or disadvantage..

4lowlife 01-21-2006 03:38 AM

I have apoweraid TBS , it makes a whistling/turbulance noise below 2000rpm. It doesn't fit well with the K&N FIPK. Makes the hood bulge up a little. I Have Granatelli MAF on it too.
These items were usd on 3 Blazers now and I think it breathes easier.
Horsepower is expensive. I would read up on other folks testimonials. My opinion on it is it's not a much needed item.
I got it through JC Whitney.

swartlkk 01-21-2006 10:43 PM

I could make that same thing (without the stupid swirl) for probably around $50 for the complete kit. The only thing that swirl does is create that whistle. Nothing more. Throttle body spacers do work if what you are looking for is more low end torque at the expense of high end torque/power.

I designed and sold TBS kits for Dodge 3.5L & 3.3L v6s and typical gains that I saw through customer reviews of my spacer were a nice kick in the pants off the line and 2-3mpg increase in mileage on the 3.5L and around 1-2mpg on the 3.3L. Not bad for a $50 expense.

The hardest part of these spacers is milling in the o-ring groove. There isn't a paper gasket made for this throttle body.

4lowlife 01-21-2006 11:17 PM

Is it normal to have a thin layer of oil baked to the underside of the throttle blade?
My intake manifold is wet with oil, and it creeped up to my TBS.

swartlkk 01-21-2006 11:41 PM

That oily layer is from the EGR valve and it is just combustion by products. It is normal for todays engines with Exhaust Gas Recirculators (EGR).

4lowlife 01-21-2006 11:50 PM

It's a sloppy design. I noticed today my Impala 3.8 litre (or liter) has oil on the IM too.

swartlkk 01-21-2006 11:53 PM

Pretty much any late model vehicle (from like '90 on) has this problem. It is a direct result of the EGR system which is there to reduce the NOx emissions and does a very good job of it too.

4lowlife 01-21-2006 11:58 PM

speaking of EGRs, My Impala failed the first emission test it had last year and they said it was the secondary air pump and EGR valve.
I got aquote of the EGR at a dealer and it was over $300.00. The parts guy said to get a 2nd opinion and I did. It threw no codes and I didn't need a thing. I think I'll be going to the latter shop for state inspections.