Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   02 jimmy lift (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/02-jimmy-lift-97202/)

jimmy_for_ever 06-28-2018 08:00 AM

02 jimmy lift

Hi everybody
I want ask question, how can I lift my car ? , how much it will cost me ?

thank you

blazen_red_4x4 06-28-2018 06:48 PM

literally the first topic in the section you posted this in...

https://blazerforum.com/forum/liftin...it-list-16186/

jimmy_for_ever 10-10-2018 11:39 AM

Hello everybody,
I want to lift my gmc jimmy model 2000 by using 2 inch coil spacer in front and 2 inch shackle at rear do I need anything else or its enough to lift it

thank you

christine_208 10-10-2018 03:37 PM

Is your truck a 2wd?

Go to Rough Country's website and you'll get an idea by pricing the kits. Be sure to pick if it is 2wd or 4wd.

To get the most out of a suspension lift you will also want to get new tires which can cost quite a bit over stock.

jimmy_for_ever 10-11-2018 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by christine_208 (Post 697027)
Is your truck a 2wd?

Go to Rough Country's website and you'll get an idea by pricing the kits. Be sure to pick if it is 2wd or 4wd.

To get the most out of a suspension lift you will also want to get new tires which can cost quite a bit over stock.

yes I am sure it is 2wd and I already fit 235/75/15 tires on it , but I have two problems:

1- I am from Bahrain so the cost will be too much for me because of shipping cost

2- I only find this kit https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-susp...kit-225n2.html

christine_208 10-11-2018 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by jimmy_for_ever (Post 697045)
yes I am sure it is 2wd and I already fit 235/75/15 tires on it , but I have two problems:

1- I am from Bahrain so the cost will be too much for me because of shipping cost

2- I only find this kit https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-susp...kit-225n2.html

FYI: Your current tires are OE optional tires.

Yes, shipping would be an issue. To answer your question, you probably could lift your suspension the way you suggested instead of using the RC kit. What is in the RC kit looks to be new longer front coil springs, extra leaves for the rear springs that will raise the rear of the truck and new shock absorbers that are about 2" longer.

For you, I would think a spacer for the front coils and longer shackles in the back would accomplish what you want. By doing this lift, the shocks will be stretched by about 2" so that they are no longer in the middle of their range of travel. You might have to get new shocks if you find yourself driving in conditions that require lots of travel in the suspension components. For my lift, I chose to get two new shocks for the front that were 2" longer but for the back, because they are special self-leveling shocks, I installed a spacer at the top mounting point to compensate for the difference in height. I found the shock spacer on eBay.

I've only ever worked on my truck so any advice here is my best guess but hopefully it will be a good starting point for your investigations into how to do the lift on your truck.

Be sure to post pictures and the list of parts you used when you are done! :)

jimmy_for_ever 10-11-2018 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by christine_208 (Post 697057)
FYI: Your current tires are OE optional tires.

Yes, shipping would be an issue. To answer your question, you probably could lift your suspension the way you suggested instead of using the RC kit. What is in the RC kit looks to be new longer front coil springs, extra leaves for the rear springs that will raise the rear of the truck and new shock absorbers that are about 2" longer.

For you, I would think a spacer for the front coils and longer shackles in the back would accomplish what you want. By doing this lift, the shocks will be stretched by about 2" so that they are no longer in the middle of their range of travel. You might have to get new shocks if you find yourself driving in conditions that require lots of travel in the suspension components. For my lift, I chose to get two new shocks for the front that were 2" longer but for the back, because they are special self-leveling shocks, I installed a spacer at the top mounting point to compensate for the difference in height. I found the shock spacer on eBay.

I've only ever worked on my truck so any advice here is my best guess but hopefully it will be a good starting point for your investigations into how to do the lift on your truck.

Be sure to post pictures and the list of parts you used when you are done! :)

Thank you christine_208,
I would like to ask you another question I found front bilstein shocks that is for jeep wrangler and they are exactly same mounts place same nut but the extend height is 20.01 inch and our shocks is 13 inch can I fit them or not?

of course I will add pictures when I lift it :)

christine_208 10-12-2018 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by jimmy_for_ever (Post 697074)
Thank you christine_208,
I would like to ask you another question I found front bilstein shocks that is for jeep wrangler and they are exactly same mounts place same nut but the extend height is 20.01 inch and our shocks is 13 inch can I fit them or not?

of course I will add pictures when I lift it :)

That question I am afraid cannot answer with any confidence. It is possible you could use those but I'd do some double-checking first. The thing to do is research what the stock shock length range is, add 2" to each, and then find shocks that are of that length for vehicles that would have about the same weight and springs with the same spring-rate. If you are lucky you might be able to find something explicitly for your specific situation.

jimmy_for_ever 10-13-2018 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by christine_208 (Post 697094)
That question I am afraid cannot answer with any confidence. It is possible you could use those but I'd do some double-checking first. The thing to do is research what the stock shock length range is, add 2" to each, and then find shocks that are of that length for vehicles that would have about the same weight and springs with the same spring-rate. If you are lucky you might be able to find something explicitly for your specific situation.

Thank you for your help christine_208, I will check later the things you mention :icon_duck: