Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   05 blazer non zr2 lift/stock keys? body lift? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/05-blazer-non-zr2-lift-stock-keys-body-lift-41922/)

SmoyMoose 03-09-2010 08:58 AM

05 blazer non zr2 lift/stock keys? body lift?

i have a 05 blazer 2dr non zr2 the last yr for the s-series body, and i wanna lift it not too big just to fit a nice set of tires under her, like 31" or 32" M/T's, im wondering if keys and shackles will do it and how high can i go with out hurtin my cvs, and also can that hight be done with the stick keys. and boby lift looking at a 2'' body lift with is the best and how hard is it to install? thanks.

Sisk 03-09-2010 09:33 AM

Plenty of documentation around the forum on both these methods of lifts...if you had of searched or read around you would find your answers...

I'm starting to sound like a broken record...but here we go again..

You can get 2" shackles for ~$60. Then you can crank your tbars in the front to level off. I wouldn't go higher then 1.5" cranking the tbars or you will go through CV's and other front end parts like crazy. Don't waste your money on keys, you don't need them. Just take a wrench or socket and crank your tbars yourself. There is a great tutorial on the forum on how to do this.
This will allow you to fit 31's. If you want to go with 32's, you'll probably need to body lift. They are fairly easy to install. You can do it with a couple buddies, a case (or 2) of beer and a garage in a weekend or so. Keep in mind you have to lift the body off the frame, so you will need the proper tools. As for brand, there are plenty of reviews and info around on what lift kits to buy and what ones to stay away from.

BTW - I just noticed your a Newfie. Don't see many Maritimers around here...we're few and far between! I think you're the only Newfie on here. Welcome!

WolfPack 03-09-2010 02:36 PM

If he's got a 4x4 that all applies...but most '05 s-series were fleet vehicles, with most being 2wd.

If youve got a 2wd, then you need to look at coil spacers for cheap front lift, or get lift spindles. Liftting the rear is the same though between 4x4 and 4x2s..so still either shackles or add-a-leaf kits.

Sisk 03-09-2010 03:47 PM

Yup... Jason is right. Sorry, I just assume everyone that wants a lift drives a 4x4. :)

SmoyMoose 03-09-2010 09:01 PM

Thanks for the welcomeing,
... and...SHE IS 4X4, lol sorry left that part out. she has elec. 4wd (push button) will that be effected by any of the lifts, i know that the auto trans linkage most likely be effected with the body lift, im looking at a set of 32'' BFG M/T's for my blazer and i picked up a 3'' key and shackle lift for cheap, didnt know if that would cut it. thanks for the tips tho...
... also whats the deal with wheel spacers ppl tell me there bad on the front end and studs etc. and others tell me diff, good? or bad? would a set of 1.25'' spacers effect her much?

Sisk 03-09-2010 09:20 PM

No...nothing will be effected by a small BL. you shouldnt have issues with the linkage or anything. And a 3" shackle and tbar crank? If you put your tbars up that high (even with new keys) you're going to tear through CV joints and other front end parts weekly. I wouldn't go about 1.5" with my tbars..

As for the spacers, short answer is no, theyre not that bad. Again..there is plenty of info on these around the forum too. The search feature is your friend...use it :)

SmoyMoose 03-10-2010 07:25 AM

sorry about gettin you to repeat yourself im still gettin use to the site tryin to find stuff on it gets alittle confusing at times lol,

regards to the strain on the CVs is there a way to over come it? drop the front diff just enough to reduce the angle of the shafts?
lol i got alot of questions about these blazers lol last truck i lifted was a F150 never ran into stuff like this..

Dabber 03-11-2010 04:59 PM

I have an 05 and 4X4. Looking to do the tbar and shackle lift and maybe body depending on the cash flow when everything comes together. I want 32's but not a fan of the body lift. Already see to much of my frame for my liking. Have to wait and see i guess.

Sisk 03-11-2010 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by SmoyMoose (Post 310342)
sorry about gettin you to repeat yourself im still gettin use to the site tryin to find stuff on it gets alittle confusing at times lol,

regards to the strain on the CVs is there a way to over come it? drop the front diff just enough to reduce the angle of the shafts?
lol i got alot of questions about these blazers lol last truck i lifted was a F150 never ran into stuff like this..

If you were to do that you'd lose a lot of ground clearance, not to mention it would be a lot of custom fab work. Just stick within the 1.5-2" cranking your tbars and you'll be fine. It will look level.

Originally Posted by Dabber (Post 310905)
I have an 05 and 4X4. Looking to do the tbar and shackle lift and maybe body depending on the cash flow when everything comes together. I want 32's but not a fan of the body lift. Already see to much of my frame for my liking. Have to wait and see i guess.

You probably won't fit 32's on there with just a shackle and tbar. If you don't want to do the BL your only other option is a suspension lift. They are very pricey though and pretty involved as far as work and tools go. What exactly do you mean by "wait and see"? If you're going to try and fit 32's on there with just shackles I can guarantee you they won't fit.

SmoyMoose 03-11-2010 05:47 PM

thanks for the info guys, im after thinking about it alot over the last week, and researched until i got tired lol, but i think im gonna with the 2" key/shackles and in a few weeks get a 2" BL with same gap gaurds and hopefully the 32's will fit.

now with the BL lift i know that the bumpers dont move but do the kit come with brackets for that or would i have to fab em up?