Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   2" body lift? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/2-body-lift-33503/)

matthew.chapman1 08-10-2009 07:31 PM

2" body lift?

Hey guys,

Just wonderin....i just purchased a 2000 LS Blazer 2Dr 4X4

I am looking into getting a 2" body lift, but in some of the lift kits i saw that i might possibly have to do some modifications with my Air intake or air intake hose...just wondering if anyone has ran into this or heard of this. Also is there anything that i need to do after the lift is installed? alignment? or anything at all.

New to this so thanks for all the help.

AJBert 08-10-2009 07:41 PM

I had to mod the heat shield on my K&N FIPK, just cut the hole in the shield two inches lower in the shield. You won't have to worry about getting an alignment or anything else, unless you already have a problem before you have you start.

oktain 08-10-2009 07:57 PM

Alignments are only for suspension lifts, you`re not even touching the suspension with a body lift.
If you have the stock airbox, it`ll move with the body, if you have an aftermarket intake with the solid piping then you`ll have to do like AJBert because things will get strained because the mounting points for any intake are part of the body.
Hope this helps.

wlorton 08-10-2009 08:20 PM

Not to Hijack... but just to bring up another perspective....
So... If you do use a body lift... are there any adverse effects?

mikeinwi 08-10-2009 08:45 PM

as long as you install everything correctly you shouldnt have anything to worry about.

matthew.chapman1 08-10-2009 09:33 PM

wlorton, not hijacking at all, thats is basically what i wanted to know as well, thanks guys for all the help.

oktain 08-11-2009 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by wlorton (Post 237876)
Not to Hijack... but just to bring up another perspective....
So... If you do use a body lift... are there any adverse effects?

Higher center of gravity = slightly more prone to roll overs... That's the worst I can think of that makes any sense. You shouldn't be driving a lifted Blazer like a sports car anyway lol.

AJBert 08-13-2009 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by oktain (Post 237951)
Higher center of gravity = slightly more prone to roll overs... That's the worst I can think of that makes any sense. You shouldn't be driving a lifted Blazer like a sports car anyway lol.

Also leads to wanting to more mods and less cash in your wallet.

wlorton 08-13-2009 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by oktain (Post 237951)

So my girlfriend's grandma had a blazer... back in the day when they was new.... I think a 99 or 98.... Well she is a notorious driver.... going around a corner... much too fast.... and rolls it.... oh.. and the crazy part was that it was an icy road...

jsmz 08-13-2009 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by AJBert (Post 238414)
Also leads to wanting to more mods and less cash in your wallet.

that is the truth. money goes fast, but its worth it in the end, i hope anyway. im not finished with mine yet but im close.

but the body lift is pretty straight forward, just follow the instructions and use an electric, or air impact wrench (saves alot of time)