Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

3inch body lift questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 06:40 PM
dalifts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3inch body lift questions

i have a 94 s10 chevy blazer 4door automatic 4x4 4.3 vortec v6.i have a peformance acc. 3 inch body lift im going to install. i have questions about steering column do i have to get a different one or will mine work? i understand the 4x4 actuator vacum has to use spacers and gas fill extnded what other modifications are neaded?

Old 02-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 3inch body lift questions

94 requires a steering extension (part # 9907 from These Guys) I've spent quite a bit of time researching the different kits for my 94 and BDS seems to be far and away the best bang for your buck (bumper brackets, gas filler ext. etc are all included) only extra item required is the steering extension and they make sure to inform you of that up front.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Starting Member
SockJock is an unknown quantity at this point

You can also go to performance accessories website and read the instructions for your application and it should tell you about any special modifications/parts needed to complete the body lift.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:47 PM

i think that it came with it. there is like 2 peices of metal with holes on each end. one hole on each of the metal peices are little bigger then a normal hole for adjustment ? if you can confirm or gimme a pic of what its suppose to be id appreciate it. thanks

and do i have to worry about my transmission cuz its automatic

Old 02-11-2009, 10:36 PM

im never did a body lift kit before and i hate instructions. I know cut gas hose to make longer. i know how to put the spacers in. fan shroud trim. and the vaccuum actuator for the 4x4. I already purchased the performance accessorys 543 3inch body lift kit. I glanced at the instructions there's like 3 different ones in the book for different vehicles gets me confused. It shows something about moving the steering columb down and making new holes? idk if anyone has any pics or info please let me know i wanna do this this weekend. thanks

Old 02-12-2009, 06:55 AM
Starting Member
bammontana has a little shameless behavior in the past

Yours sounds like a little more work then mine, but I have a 99. In my case, I started Saturday Morning and Ended at 10 oclock last night ( keep in mind Monday Tuesday and Wednesday were only half days like 4-10 because of work)

Most of it was bastard OEM parts on the truck that did not want to come off, etc. Will I do one again? Only if I have Jack Daniels readily available.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:09 AM

ok i installed the body lift kit 3inchs. Had no real problems with it. 2 steel lines broke for the transmission but they were all rusted so just replaced them glad it did it in the garage not on the street. Now the only thing is there is binding in my steering. Thats from not having the steering extension right ? now only one i can find online is a 2inch from bds any others that fit 3 or is the 2 enough ? if so imma over nite it tomorrow. thanks the blazer looks badass now

Old 02-25-2009, 05:10 PM
dober is an unknown quantity at this point

what year blazer do you have?

Old 02-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

he has a 94 s10

Old 02-25-2009, 09:17 PM
dober is an unknown quantity at this point

ive decided to go with a 3" on my '01 blazer. one question i have is should i get differant shocks or are they not affected by the bL

Quick Reply: 3inch body lift questions