Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   5" trailmaster lift? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/5%22-trailmaster-lift-15863/)

s10blazerkid 01-01-2008 08:59 PM

5" trailmaster lift?

should i go w/ a 5" trailmaster lift or a diffrent lift but i also want it pretty cheep i don't have alot of money and i don't want a body lift i just don't like them so what do you think? thanks

mdehoogh 01-01-2008 09:14 PM

RE: 5" trailmaster lift?

well a 5" lift isnt very cheap...

what are you trying to accomplish? more for appearance or for functionality?

blazinloud 01-02-2008 06:03 AM

suspension lifts are way too expensive

RCars2 01-03-2008 09:50 AM

Well im gonna go out on a limb here and figure that you own a second gen s-series blazer as i think trailmaster only makes a second gen kit. As for the trailmaster kit, its pretty decent. Little costly like the rest but not bad. Honestly though i might steer ya toward the superlift 6" kit as the price between the two is pretty close and ya get an extra inch of clearance.Now if ya lived in arizona thats a different story as you can head up to prescott valley to where trailmaster makes these lifts and they are a little bit cheaper in person but thats a technicallity.

s10blazerkid 01-03-2008 09:58 PM

im going for both funciton and looks its a 99 blazer 4dr 4wd and i just don't like how it sits now i bent the **** out of my crossmember trying to ride over my jump out back and my old blazer i had no problem doin that but i also want to go mudding so i want bigger tires so yea but i don't like body lifts and u can already see my frame rails so anything else?

RCars2 01-04-2008 09:12 AM

Well, looking back at your original post i now noticed the wanting it cheap part. Bad news is that most good larger lifts are not cheap, if anything they are really friggin expensive. You're against body lifts so thats out (though with gap covers and some black paint you wouldnt notice the gap but you still dont gainany ground clearance unless you get bigger tires), torsion bar adjustment will help ya some and its cheap but its only 1.5"-2" of adjustment and it wears out the front end so thats probably not all that helpful, probably your best bet would be to find ya a good set of used front and rear axles off a jeep or whatever you can find and convert the front end to a solid axle with leaf springs. Mount the leafs on top of the axles and if ya do it right you get about 6" of lift, more depending on if you use shackles or different leaf springs. Now granted this method isnt cheap either but if you do the work yourself you can save a boatload of cash.

s10blazerkid 01-06-2008 09:04 PM

ok and wat do u think is the best and cheepest suspension or did u hear any thing bad about trailmaster because i found that the cheepest so far but any others? thanks man

RCars2 01-07-2008 09:49 AM

If trailmaster is the cheapest by a good margin over the superlift then go for it. As for other options there is one more and thats BDS suspensions, which has a 5" kit but its more expensive than the superlift kit last time i looked at them so its probably not worth it. If ya find it cheap though then give it a shot.

s10blazerkid 01-07-2008 09:02 PM

have you heard any thing bad about trailmaster? if so wat is it? and would it be worth me getting it?

RCars2 01-08-2008 12:27 AM

So far nothing bad that ive heard with trailmaster. The kit is very similiar to the superlift kit and i think it does have the advantage that you dont have to cut a crossmember like the superlift kit but dont quote me on that. At any rate i dont believe that the trailmaster kit will do ya wrong. Ive ridden in a few s-10's that have it and another that had the superlift and they rode about the same so near as i can tell you can go either way.