Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   6 inch rough country suspension kit for s10 blazer (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/6-inch-rough-country-suspension-kit-s10-blazer-98444/)

Ozzy Wilkes 12-26-2018 07:06 PM

6 inch rough country suspension kit for s10 blazer

Hey guys, just wondering if it would be possible to make the 6 inch rough country suspension lift kit work on a 92 s10 blazer 4 door 4wd. I know the site says it will only fit 95-04 s10 blazers but I was just wondering if it would work for an older year.

chevyriders 12-26-2018 07:46 PM

The first gen s10 blazers are a completely different platform than 2nd gen. Without a significant amount of fabrication it would not work.

cleburne red 12-26-2018 07:47 PM

I'm currently installing the rough country 6" lift kit into my 95 right now. I'm not sure of what's different with the 1st gens, but if there are any pictures you want, let me know.

I also have a thread going in off roading about the install, and can send you a pdf of the instructions if it'll help

​​

DonL 12-26-2018 07:53 PM

It highly doubt itll fit the first gen. But I.m sure you might be able to find a kit that will fit...

Tom A 12-26-2018 09:52 PM

For the price of the Rough Country kit and about the same amount of work, you could put a solid axle in the front and end up with a better result.

chevyriders 12-26-2018 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A (Post 700210)
For the price of the Rough Country kit and about the same amount of work, you could put a solid axle in the front and end up with a better result.

This.

cleburne red 12-26-2018 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A (Post 700210)

Man, don't tell me that! Lol I'm almost done with the front half of the rough country kit!

I really wanted to do a SAS, but finding the D44s I wanted was proving difficult, and I didn't want to mess with figuring out steering.

An IFS lift is a TON of work, though!

DonL 12-26-2018 10:32 PM

(2nd gen)If I had a welder and a little experience, I would be going for the IFS... but without those I'm leaning for the 6" RC lift. It all depends on what I get first when it comes time...

but for the first gen, I think, not sure, would be "easier" for an IFS...

cleburne red 12-26-2018 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by DonL (Post 700219)
(2nd gen)If I had a welder and a little experience, I would be going for the IFS... but without those I'm leaning for the 6" RC lift. It all depends on what I get first when it comes time...

but for the first gen, I think, not sure, would be "easier" for an IFS...

You mean a SAS (solid axle swap)? The rough country lift is an IFS (independent front suspension) lift. Our trucks are factory ifs, and that kind of lift, like the rough country one, are a ton of work.

Ozzy Wilkes 12-27-2018 09:49 AM

Does anyone know any websites where you can buy a 4.5-6 inch lift on a 92 s10 blazer 4 door 4wd? Cause I’ve been looking all over and no one sells any kits that go above 2.5 for that model and year