Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

the best way to lift my blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 06:45 PM
bigmatt1 is on a distinguished road
Default the best way to lift my blazer

i have an 04 blazer 4x4. i would like a lift that will have good ride quality, be able to fit 33s, and use good parts that wont cause me problems on or off road. any suggestions or pics would be great.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:12 PM
giod is an unknown quantity at this point

https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/start-here-lift-kit-list-16186/ <- list of lift kits.

You can crank the tbars, put in some shackles, then get a 2 in body lift and you might fit 33's.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Beginning Member
DreadPirate_Davey is on a distinguished road

read sticky. search.
the lift kit sticky has all the info on each type of lift, and how much lift you need to fit the different tire sizes

Old 12-27-2009, 08:56 PM

i read the sticky but it didnt answer my question which is why i posted a thread. i know for a fact i will fit 33s with a 3 inch lift cuz i can put 31s on it right now with no problems.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with that... You might want to actually take a tape measure to those "31"s you think you have already tucked stock. There have been a few people like you in the past that didn't actually have 31's regardless of what the tire said on the side.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:27 PM

i dont have the tires. whats on my truck now is 28s. it came with the truck when i bought it in wyoming. they are winter/snow tires. i find they work better in the mud than they do on snow. the tires i was looking at was some dick cepeks. i forgot what they were called. i think mud terrain.

you know, i always hated 4x4 trucks and said i would never own one but now that i do, i love it. pretty ironic..

oh and instead of me just putting shackles, could i put some leafs that give it lift. like a 1inch lift from leaf springs, 2 inch from shackles, adjusting the from t-bars and what else on the front?? i would like an in-expensive lift but still look good, handle good, and not break other things. so i would need bushings, better a arms, etc.. correct?

Last edited by bigmatt1; 12-27-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Beginning Member
DreadPirate_Davey is on a distinguished road

i know for a fact that with 275/75r15 my stock blazer rubs pulling into parking spaces and the like. the sticky does answer the question, yes 33's will fit with a 3 inch lift WITH some trimming. if your serious about ride quality and safety, and you want to fit 33's, go with the 6" super lift

the only thing you can adjust up front to get lift is the t-bar, which can be good for up to 2" of lift, it's usually suggested to keep it around 1.5" though as it does add stress to your front suspension component's and over the 1.5" you can run into issues with alignment and eating your tires, ball joints and cv axles can also fail at an accelerated rate with excess t-bar lift. you can do shackles or add a leafs to the rear lift, but if you do like 1.5 in the front, and 3 or more in the back your truck is going to look like a cat in heat when you consider the factory rake. if you want cheap, do a 2" body lift, and 1.5-2" crank and you'll be around 3.5-4" of lift and it should look pretty decent i would think, and able to clear 32's with a little trimming

keep in mind though, 33's are really only an extra 1" clearance from 31's, 32's you should be able to do and keep the truck happy with a 3" lift, and there are better things you can invest in than tires to get your traction; it's more about what you want to do with your truck, and why it is you want those 33's so bad. also keep in mind that you may need to look into regearing your truck if you really want 33's,

Old 12-27-2009, 11:52 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

i have 33s on mine and they rub the back of my front fenders. They are buckled on each side. I have roughly 9in off lift. So dont say they will fit with 3in of lift. They wont. Unless you plan on destroying your fenders when you hit a small bump in the road. Thats if they last long enough to get on the road. I have a 6in suspension lift with a 2in body lift along with cranking the tbars an inch and an add-a-leaf

Old 12-28-2009, 04:36 AM

Maybe my idea was drastic. I was pretty sure they would fit but sounds like I needa go higher if I want them to. I would like to lift the front 2 inches, the back 2 inches and maybe a 1 inch or 2 inch body. Is there a company that makes t-bars that are stronger and more adjustable so I can go higher? And how much do yall think what I want will run me?

Old 12-28-2009, 06:03 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

you can get stronger tbars from a ZR2 blazer. You wont be able to go any higher than 1.5in though. The reason you cant go higher is because the front axle shafts will bind and break. It would also put a lot of stress on all the other front end components.

Quick Reply: the best way to lift my blazer