Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   body lift (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/body-lift-42601/)

davidh 03-25-2010 09:46 PM

body lift

I have a two inch body lift ready to assemble and im wondering if i should do it myself or pay to have it put on. I have a deal for $60 an hour shop rate but they said it could be from 2-10 hours which could be $600!!!

BlazerGuy2001 03-25-2010 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by davidh (Post 315651)
I have a two inch body lift ready to assemble and im wondering if i should do it myself or pay to have it put on. I have a deal for $60 an hour shop rate but they said it could be from 2-10 hours which could be $600!!!

i would never pay anyone to work on my truck...i trust myself much more and you know exactly what you did, it very well could take them that much time to install it also, i would do it yourself and just do a good job.

Benedict1337 03-25-2010 10:26 PM

yea same here... don't you have any friends that might have an idea how to do it? I know when I'm not sure what I should be doing I have at least a couple friends that can help me. lol even if we are clueless its better to have more than one person working on a project. I heard body lifts aren't very hard at all to put on other than it wouldn't hurt to have someone else with you to help.

jdespain 03-25-2010 11:11 PM

If you follow the directions carefully, it is worth doing yourself. My brother helped me put mine on a couple of weeks ago and it is time consuming. But, in the end, you will have the pride and satisfaction of doing it yourself.

davidh 03-26-2010 10:36 AM

thing is i dont have the time to do it between work and school and i need my car to get to both so i cant casually work on it. how long does it usually take

BlazerGuy2001 03-26-2010 10:47 AM

Well again that depends how much help you have and what tools you have... You can definitely get it done in a weekend if you can find a free one?

warthogdriver 03-26-2010 02:03 PM

i did mine all by myself and it took me about 12 hours...had some bolts that were a little difficult (no snapping thank god)...but just take your time read inst. and you should be fine...actually of all the work i done on my blazer it wasnt the most difficult thing to do. just labor and patience.

Benedict1337 03-26-2010 03:57 PM

rusted bolts are probably the most frustrating thing when working on your truck. spraying wd40 or pb blaster on it a couple times over a couple days works pretty good. I'd recommend doing that a couple days before you plan on putting it on. It will go a lot more smooth then you won't have to pound on bolts to get them loose

warthogdriver 03-26-2010 04:29 PM

x2 on soaking the bolts...forgot about that.

bigjon1 03-26-2010 10:00 PM

If you have one or two good friends, yall can knock it out in less than a weekend. It's not hard just time consuming. Just follow the directions