Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   Body lift help? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/body-lift-help-90610/)

Project_lil_red 08-30-2015 11:09 PM

Body lift help?

So! Everything is going smooth. That is until I get to loosening the body mounts. All but one has cooperated with me. And the one that won't is a BEAR.

It's seized and rounded. Go figure. :icon_eek:

Has anyone done a body lift before? How long are the bolts?
Should I cut/drill it out?

Any help would be AMAZING. Thanks, guys. :icon_patriot:

LeWhite 08-31-2015 12:36 AM

And if later you decide that you no longer want your front end hanging down any competent TIG should only charge 150/200 dollars to refab the missing dif mounts. Ask me how I know.

Jamaroon 08-31-2015 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Project_lil_red (Post 653984)
So! Everything is going smooth. That is until I get to loosening the body mounts. All but one has cooperated with me. And the one that won't is a BEAR.

It's seized and rounded. Go figure. :icon_eek:

Has anyone done a body lift before? How long are the bolts?
Should I cut/drill it out?

Any help would be AMAZING. Thanks, guys. :icon_patriot:

I would try a lot of WD 40 or pb blaster and a bolt remover before trying to cut/drill. I think you'll have a hard time drilling it out. Remove one of the other bolts to see how long they are.

Originally Posted by LeWhite (Post 653987)
And if later you decide that you no longer want your front end hanging down any competent TIG should only charge 150/200 dollars to refab the missing dif mounts. Ask me how I know.

Maybe you need to get some sleep before posting.... your comments are completely unrelated to the question.

Project_lil_red 08-31-2015 02:01 PM

When you say bolt remover, are you talking about the sockets that have the little grabber things? I picked up a set, but it's so bad, nothing will stay on it.

lazyboyjake 08-31-2015 02:14 PM

Can you get the nut off or is that the problem you're having? You could always try a good pair of vice grips and see if you can get them on there tight enough to hold that and then loosen the nut with the proper socket, or vice versa if the nut is the problem.

Jamaroon 08-31-2015 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Project_lil_red (Post 653998)
When you say bolt remover, are you talking about the sockets that have the little grabber things? I picked up a set, but it's so bad, nothing will stay on it.

Yes.

Is welding a nut to the bolt head a possibility for you? Sometimes that works.

Jake: I'm assuming it's one of the bolts that go into the floor, so the nut on the other side isn't accessible.

Project_lil_red 08-31-2015 05:18 PM

Alrighty guys, I ended up getting that bolt out. Just a lot of wrestling and punching the frame a few times. Haha! Thanks for the help!

New issue, and I feel pretty dumb for this one.

I've got the passenger side lifted with 3/5 blocks in. For whatever reason, I can't get enough clearance to put the blocks in the two rear most mounts.

Should I start lifting the driver side to the same place, and have 6/10 blocks in and then try to figure out how to get the last 4?

Update: well, I found that issue. After reading the instructions (Again) apparently I read six as five. So theres 12 body mounts. I didn't see them tucked away behind the rear wheel well until just now. Pain in the ass.... now to wait for the PB to do its work and get back out there....

Project_lil_red 08-31-2015 08:50 PM

Lift is all the way in! Just have to button it back up tomorrow.

lazyboyjake 09-01-2015 01:16 AM

Glad to hear everything went well! Make sure you post some pictures for us!

LeWhite 09-08-2015 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jamaroon (Post 653990)
I would try a lot of WD 40 or pb blaster and a bolt remover before trying to cut/drill. I think you'll have a hard time drilling it out. Remove one of the other bolts to see how long they are.

Maybe you need to get some sleep before posting.... your comments are completely unrelated to the question.

Not me that needs some sleep. Milliseconds defore I hit the reply button BF changed the thread and my post went here. It was supposed to go to the 'Remove Suspension Lift Kit' thread.