Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   Does anyone have a decent pic of a RC steering stabilizer mounted? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/does-anyone-have-decent-pic-rc-steering-stabilizer-mounted-73550/)

95BlazenLT 09-05-2012 10:54 PM

Does anyone have a decent pic of a RC steering stabilizer mounted?

I am in the process of installing a RC 2.5 lift kit on my 95' Blazer 4dr. 4x4 was wondering if any of you fine people have one installed on your rig and if so could you post a pic of it... The instructions lack detail and I'd like to see it together before I run it up to an alignment shop... Many thanks in advance...:icon_hug:

Rottidog 09-05-2012 11:15 PM

A pic of the lift or of a steering stabilizer?
I got a RC stabilizer from a shop here & made the bracket that attaches to the linkage. The other end attached to the already there plates on the frame.
I have pics here CB The Cranberry Blazer _GF made up the name_ pictures by Rottidog - Photobucket

95BlazenLT 09-06-2012 06:44 AM

Thanks Rotti, That's exactly what I was looking for... A pic of the steering stabilizer installed... just for comparison purposes... I know it was kind of a silly question as it only goes on one way pretty much but this is my first lifted vehicle and I am erring to the side of caution. Thanks again for the pics... Love yer rig...

Irocz327 09-06-2012 06:51 PM

Iv got it installed on my truck. I'll post a pic up tom or sat. K

95BlazenLT 09-06-2012 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Irocz327 (Post 539238)
Iv got it installed on my truck. I'll post a pic up tom or sat. K

Thanks, any and all input is welcome... and appreciated...

gitch93 09-24-2012 09:46 PM

attention do not use the rough country steering stabalizer kit. the bracket that attaches to the steering linkage is a bad design as it rubbed a hole into my oil pan

nunya 09-24-2012 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rottidog (Post 539097)
A pic of the lift or of a steering stabilizer?
I got a RC stabilizer from a shop here & made the bracket that attaches to the linkage. The other end attached to the already there plates on the frame.
I have pics here CB The Cranberry Blazer _GF made up the name_ pictures by Rottidog - Photobucket

Thanks for this! I now got a plan for making the stabilizer laying under my tool box work on my truck. :icon_banana:

priesman64 09-26-2012 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by gitch93 (Post 542353)
attention do not use the rough country steering stabalizer kit. the bracket that attaches to the steering linkage is a bad design as it rubbed a hole into my oil pan

gitch, did you contact rough country about this? I just called because I have their stabilizer and was worried about it and haven't heard about this before.

Did you align your front end or check to see if it rubbed after you installed it?

Thanks

Nick

dustinhxc 02-02-2013 03:55 AM

I plan to add this rc ss. Does it really rub? If so what brand should I get?

priesman64 02-07-2013 09:03 PM

No it doesnt just have to make sure you put it on so the bracket doesnt rub. It looks like it could just never tried it to see if it would.