Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2 Inch Body Lift Tips

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 12:04 AM
Beginning Member
Jeklund is on a distinguished road
Default 2 Inch Body Lift Tips

Hey All,

I'm about to embark on installing a 2 inch PA body lift on my 97 Blazer in the next month. The kit came with a decent-ish (might be a stretch) set of instructions but I was wondering if anyone had any tips for going about the install. My body bolts are in decent shape and we went ahead and soaked them and may do it again closer to the install date.

Also, I remember reading that the BDS kit had significantly better instructions, unfortunately, they no longer sell the kit and I can't find any info on it online. I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the instructions included in that kit so we can have some more reference material when it comes time to get the lift installed.

Definitely looking forward to getting this done and getting my new wheels and 31 K02s on the blazer, we're just trying to collect some more info over the next bit to make the install go smoothly.

Old 04-18-2019, 12:31 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

I've installed a PA body lift on my Blazer, and a Zone Offroad one on my Sonoma. I found the Zone instructions to be a little more clear than those of the PA. Old Skool Soldier (member on here) did a really good YouTube video of him installing the PA lift on his 4 door Blazer. You might want to look his up. I think his YouTube username is the same.

Old 04-20-2019, 04:22 PM
Beginning Member
Jeklund is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the response, I found the video and it should help us out a bunch.

Our main concerns where with any wiring or lines being stressed and the fan shroud but we should be able to mitigate all that stuff easily by the looks of it.