Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   First Gen lift kit (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/first-gen-lift-kit-97738/)

DRLExpress 09-11-2018 04:34 PM

First Gen lift kit

I am looking at a first gen ('92) 4dr Blazer and was wanting to put a IFS lift kit on it. I can not find anybody that still makes them for the first gen, except Rough Country has the 2.5". I was looking for 4"-6", the ones that lower the diff. RC has 6" ones for the 2nd gen. what would be involved in making that work. I don't know the difference between the two.

Any other options?

Thanks
Doug

Tom A 09-12-2018 08:02 PM

Honestly, for what you would pay for a 6" IFS lift, and how much work you'd end up putting into it, you'd be pretty close to a budget solid front axle conversion. I would go that way.

DRLExpress 09-12-2018 11:40 PM

Yea, that is the other option. Ever time I think about it I change my mind back and forth. Right now I am leaning toward the SAS. Was wondering what the minimum lift I could do with the SAS. Most I see in all my reading on here are way more than 6".

Doug

carlosblazer 01-24-2019 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by DRLExpress (Post 695669)
Yea, that is the other option. Ever time I think about it I change my mind back and forth. Right now I am leaning toward the SAS. Was wondering what the minimum lift I could do with the SAS. Most I see in all my reading on here are way more than 6".

Doug

Hi, iŽm in the same situation, the BDS or Superlift kit are around 2.000 USD. for that price you easily buy 2 XJ axles and then do a SAS. I think iŽll do a SAS in the future. For the other side, i dont want to do that kind of modification for my blazer and keep it as stock as possible but with a little lift, so the RC 2,5" is a perfect choice for me, i havent decided it yet.

I think that you can level it as you want maybe installing the axle over the leaf springs and also installing shackles. but i think the minimum lift will be 4-5". Maybe someone can help us with that, all the SAS lifts that i see, they install the axle at the bottom of the leaf springs, maybe if you install it over the leaf springs, you can lift it less.

Lefet 04-21-2019 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by carlosblazer (Post 701889)
Hi, iŽm in the same situation, the BDS or Superlift kit are around 2.000 USD. for that price you easily buy 2 XJ axles and then do a SAS. I think iŽll do a SAS in the future. For the other side, i dont want to do that kind of modification for my blazer and keep it as stock as possible but with a little lift, so the RC 2,5" is a perfect choice for me, i havent decided it yet.

I think that you can level it as you want maybe installing the axle over the leaf springs and also installing shackles. but i think the minimum lift will be 4-5". Maybe someone can help us with that, all the SAS lifts that i see, they install the axle at the bottom of the leaf springs, maybe if you install it over the leaf springs, you can lift it less.

Have you decided on the RC 2.5 or not yet? If so, what kind of tires and rims can you get under it? Also, what year is your Blazer?

carlosblazer 04-22-2019 11:58 AM

My blazer is a 93 S10 blazer. With the 2,5" kit IŽll use my stock rims and 31" MT tires, also i want to add 2" spacers too. But i think that you can cut a bit and install bigger fender flares so i can get enough space for 32" like the picture below. I dont want to install a BL,

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/blazerf...07cdba5a1e.jpg

I hope i can buy the lift kit now in may or june, cause i want to have it riding near summer here in chile (January). And i have plenty of things to repair too (electrical, body, interior, etc).

But as i say before, i guess iŽll do a SAS in the future.

Lefet 04-22-2019 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by carlosblazer (Post 707534)
My blazer is a 93 S10 blazer. With the 2,5" kit IŽll use my stock rims and 31" MT tires, also i want to add 2" spacers too. But i think that you can cut a bit and install bigger fender flares so i can get enough space for 32" like the picture below. I dont want to install a BL,

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/blazerf...07cdba5a1e.jpg

I hope i can buy the lift kit now in may or june, cause i want to have it riding near summer here in chile (January). And i have plenty of things to repair too (electrical, body, interior, etc).

But as i say before, i guess iŽll do a SAS in the future.

Thanks for the info! I too will probably do the RC 2.5 since it's the most economical. It also helps to know I could put 31's on stock rims! I doubt seriously if I'll get into a SAS, unless I luck across what I need for the cheap. Have WAY too many other things to take care of like electrical, windows, suspension, tunes, body, rubber, vacuum lines, and the list goes on. Which MT's are you looking at and can you post some pictures of your Blazer?

"Summer her in chile (January) seems soooooo strange to me seeing as how I'm in Pennsylvania and in January I could have anywhere from 1' to 15' of snow!!!

carlosblazer 04-25-2019 09:55 AM

hahahaha, in chile summer is december to march and winter is july to september. :icon_screwy:

i first have to buy the kit, then i have to wait 30 days for the kit to arrive to chile. iŽll be posting pictures of the installation too