Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

got my PA lift and tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 10:32 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: got my PA lift and tires

no need for new tires.. more lift = better travel

Old 08-08-2008, 11:24 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Download the BDS instructions from their website. Much easier to follow by far than the PA instructions. Installing a BL is very easy, even for someone who is not mechanically inclined. It is just very time consuming but not even close to rocket science. Air tools, a highlift floor jack, a buddy or two and a few brewskies and you can have it done in a day. Just don't try to rush it, make sure you complete each and every step and you'll be very happy with the outcome.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:29 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Worst part is trying to fit the back bumper back on. It's thick *** steel, heavy, and I bet you'll have to make 2 or 3 attempts at cutting the parts out.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:21 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I did mine in a buddies garage in 15hrs, very time consuming and you really dont wanna cut corners.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:45 PM
BGwood88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does the PA body lift effectthe tow hitch and tyhe front tow hooks on the front?

Old 08-19-2008, 06:14 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: BGwood88

Does the PA body lift effectthe tow hitch and tyhe front tow hooks on the front?
Yes, ive heard you cant do a Class 3 hitch and have to cut out part of the front bumper.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:28 PM
BF Veteran

You have to cut both bumpers to get them to fit back on. Much more difficult to trim the back as it's rather strong steel. Class 2 hitches will work fine, class 3's will not fit:

The kit's bumper relocation brackets have to attach at the rear most two bolts. On a Class III hitch, the bumper brackets are integral to the hitch, and prevent you from attaching the kit's brackets.

You can fit your front tow hooks back on after you get the bumper mounted (one of the steps is to remove tow hooks), but you will have to trim more of the front valence off. I can take some pics if you want photographic examples

Old 08-20-2008, 02:19 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

pics would be nice Wolfpack

Old 08-20-2008, 06:11 PM
BGwood88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pictures would be awesome b/c iam torn between a body lift or a 2inch RC suspension lift

Old 08-20-2008, 10:46 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: BGwood88

Pictures would be awesome b/c iam torn between a body lift or a 2inch RC suspension lift
Problem solved, do both

Quick Reply: got my PA lift and tires