Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   i need advice from anybody willing to give it (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/i-need-advice-anybody-willing-give-38039/)

chevyguyjc87 12-13-2009 10:24 PM

i need advice from anybody willing to give it

i just bought a 1999 chevy blazer 2wd 4.3 vortec 4dr and im wanting to raise it up atleast 4" but i haven't been able to find any lifts for it cause its a 2wd and i was wondering if anyone could help me out and give me any good info on this maybe a link to a website that has what im looking for or an answer to if they even make a lift kit that big for a 2wd blazer of that year like it say any help would be most helpful thanks!

okvortec 12-13-2009 10:31 PM

Get a 2" body lift, and some 2" shackles to start with..

chevyguyjc87 12-13-2009 10:36 PM

that is a good idea and if its my only option i will have to do it but i was hoping to go straight suspension though but in the end i gotta do what i gotta do

ABN31B 12-13-2009 11:18 PM

thats gonna give you a pretty good raked look. you're gonna be sitting old musclecar style, nose down, @$$ up....

maybe get some 3" BL spacers, longer bolts, and use a 2" lift bumper braket set. that will get you close and keep you level.

the way okvortec mentioned will be your best bet for cheap, out-of-the box lift. get some bigger tires (30.5s or 31x10.5s) and it will increase the lifted look and actuall height...

chevyguyjc87 12-14-2009 10:38 AM

ok honestly guys i want a 6" suspention lift but cause its only 2wd i cant find anything. really 6" in front but about 4"or5" in the back to keep it even

ABN31B 12-14-2009 11:58 AM

welllllllllllll

for the $2000+ you will be spending on that particular lift, you could buy another blazer, 4wd style. THEN sell the current ride (after stripping everything useful) and put that $ toward a lift for the 4wd....

granted tha tkind of sucks but if you want lift....

You could also air bag it. to get 6" on an air cushion, you'd be driving basically a hovercraft... but if COULD be fabbed. :icon_shrug:

i cant find anything that big for a 2wd. a DIY body lift to get 3" wont be too bad. 4" is too high, but it's your life.

Sisk 12-14-2009 12:17 PM

Even a 3" BL is pushing it IMO. I personally wouldn't want to go over 2" in the body lift for safety reasons.
I agree though. If you want that kind of lift, buy a 4x4 Blazer, sell your current one and use that money to put towards your suspension lift. They aren't cheap by any means, but you kind of need a 4x4 to do it. I wouldn't see much point to lifting a 2wd anyway. It would be purely for looks and not functionality.

chevyguyjc87 12-14-2009 12:32 PM

i have thought about selling it and getting a 4wd blazer but this blazer was a gift from my dad so if i sell it it might not be to smart to do but could i find a 4wd blazer with leather seats, power everything, heated seats and sunroof?

rriddle3 12-14-2009 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by chevyguyjc87 (Post 275564)
...but could i find a 4wd blazer with leather seats, power everything, heated seats and sunroof?

Yep, they exist, you just have to look around for them.

Sisk 12-14-2009 12:37 PM

Mine is a 4x4 and has all that but leather. Grant it it is a 2dr.
They are definitely out there, they just aren't as common as those without all of those options. I'm fairly certain they all have power everything though. The leather and moonroof were options.