Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

i need advice from anybody willing to give it

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Beginning Member
chevyguyjc87 is on a distinguished road

well from what i have found the best bet for me is to go with a rough country 2" suspension lift and then a 2" body lift. i have searched for something bigger and haven't found anything that looks promising, the best part of this setup is i'm spending less than $500 on it all

Old 12-14-2009, 09:30 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chevyguyjc87
i have thought about selling it and getting a 4wd blazer but this blazer was a gift from my dad so if i sell it it might not be to smart to do but could i find a 4wd blazer with leather seats, power everything, heated seats and sunroof?
ummm, hello! '98 Blazer LT 4 door 4x4!!

have you even looked around for one? they all seem to be pretty much like that, at least around here. yes i know the roof was an option (kinda glad mine came with it), but what you're wanting to do to your truck, really makes no sense-can you say poser?

sorry if that sounds harsh, but why waste your time lifting a 2WD truck? dump it like they should be. it's waaaaaaay more expensive to raise a 2WD-kinda like it is to lower a 4WD truck. if your Dad is going to be that pissed about you selling it (he did give it to you right?) then maybe you should just let it stand as it is.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:39 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Here's a question for you (just curious). Why did you choose to go with a 2" suspension lift over say a 2" shackle and tbar lift? The cost difference is huge.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:03 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

what trim package does your blazer have now? leather and power everything? you could get a base modle 98 LS 4x4, 2 dr or 4, and just swap out the leather from your old ride into it. there are a lot of options available to you.

if you can get a 2" sl AND 2" bl for $500, why not get a 2" bl and a 2" t-bar-and-shackle "sl" for $230 after s&h ?

Old 12-15-2009, 11:04 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ABN31B
...if you can get a 2" sl AND 2" bl for $500, why not get a 2" bl and a 2" t-bar-and-shackle "sl" for $230 after s&h ?
This is where my question was headed lol. I was going to suggest that since shackles are only $60.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:38 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

The problem with the 2wd Blazer is I beleive it has coil springs in the front and not torsion bars. What you should look into are either larger front springs ore some kind of spring spacers in the front, shakels in the rear and the body lift. I know there are companies out there that make spacer kits for the Envoy's and Trailblazer's so I would start there. I think I have a link on my computer at work for 1 so I will post it up when I get it.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:20 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk
Here's a question for you (just curious). Why did you choose to go with a 2" suspension lift over say a 2" shackle and tbar lift? The cost difference is huge.
what trim package does your blazer have now? leather and power everything? you could get a base modle 98 LS 4x4, 2 dr or 4, and just swap out the leather from your old ride into it. there are a lot of options available to you.

if you can get a 2" sl AND 2" bl for $500, why not get a 2" bl and a 2" t-bar-and-shackle "sl" for $230 after s&h ?
i can see that DKSDAD has already beat me to the punch.

did you 2 (meaning Alex & Curtis) seriously not know that only 4x4's have the t-bars? at least Alex was telling the truth earlier, when he said there was a reason he didn't answer tech questions (much).

Old 12-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Beginning Member
chevyguyjc87 is on a distinguished road

the kit i found comes with front coil springs, nitro shocks, rear lift shackles, and a steering stabilizer all for $407 thats price, tax and s&h

Old 12-15-2009, 08:53 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

LMAO! i did know 2wd have no torsion bars BUT i totally forgot that was why we were dealing with the trouble in finding the kit!!!

Old 12-15-2009, 09:16 PM
BF Guru

that about sums it up Curtis!

i know years ago-i think it was Bell Tech-made lifted spindles for some Chevy's, probably for the full size platform. these were good for 3 or 4", not so sure about the 4", but definately 3".

try googling those, see what you find.

Quick Reply: i need advice from anybody willing to give it