Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

leveling kit help

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Starting Member
Jfutch101 is on a distinguished road
Default leveling kit help

i was thinking about getting a leveling kit if so do i need to get one for the front and the rear and is it worth getting?

Old 07-07-2009, 08:48 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

just crank your tbars and save your money.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Starting Member

where do i get the shackeles and other needed materials?

Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I hear you can buy the Shackles at AutoZone... Wouldn't personally know however since AutoZone doesn't exist here in Canada (or at least in these parts).

Old 07-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Starting Member

ok what size do i need to buy

Old 07-08-2009, 12:07 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Is there a reason you need to 'level' your truck? Are you trying to fit a larger wheel/tire or just want it a little higher?

Traditionally, 'leveling kits' lift the front of a truck. Most trucks come with a slight rake so that when loaded down, the rear isn't sagging way down. The leveling kits are usually designed so that the back stays the same height and the front is raised to match the rear.

The size of the lift shackles and how far you crank the torsion bars can vary depending on what your goal is.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Starting Member

i want to get my truck higer and i want to fit bigger tires

i want to crank my t bar 1.5 inch so what size shackles do i need to buy

Old 07-08-2009, 01:55 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

1.5" shackles would probably be best unless you plan on levelling off your truck, then I don't think you'd need shackles... I'm pretty sure amazinnblazin cranked his T-bars and didn't touch the rear.

I don't know how much bigger of a tire you'll be able to go to though, you may end up trimming, someone else would be able to answer that.

One thing to watch out for though is the extra strain on your CV joints, they've been known to bind, I don't know if it'll do it at 1.5" of lift, once again someone else would be better to answer that. The added wear on the front-end is the reason I personally would consider a 2" Body Lift.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Shotgunn99 is on a distinguished road

Shackles for the most part are universal for American made trucks, but you can go to shop google and type in "Blazer Shackles" or something along those lines to find what you need.

I bought my shackles from Advanced Auto, cheap but durable.

A Leveling Kit is not needed for the minor lift your looking for, what size tires are you trying to squeeze in?

Old 07-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Starting Member

yea im going to be putting in a body lift also i want to get it higher step by step im going to be putting 31 in tires on it and the i dont have the time right now to install the body lift so its been sitting and waiting to be installed on my truck

Quick Reply: leveling kit help