Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

lifting my 98

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Beginning Member
98BlazerBoy is on a distinguished road
Default lifting my 98

I just got a 98 blazer and im def ordering a 2'' Body lift. ide like to do shackles and t bars but i dont like the idea of parts wearin so i was just thinking about puting in the bl and calling it quits but i havnt seen many pics of blazers with ONLY 2" bl so if you could post some pics that would be a great help. Cuz if it dnt make much of a dif i guess i will havta break down n crank the t bars ..... Im only looking to run 31s

Old 01-19-2011, 05:12 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

There are a number of people on here with 31" tires and only 2" of lift (body lift or suspension/tbar/shackle lift). Both methods have the same result, pushing the wheel hubs/axle away from the body, so both will work. The body lift is actually better in some cases because you're getting a full 2" of lift and with the tbar crank, many people only go about 1.5". You'll also retain the same ride characteristics with the body lift.

You should be able to fit 31's but you have to remember that springs can wear out over time so what works on some cars won't necessarily have the same effect on another.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:27 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

yea you can clear 31's with a 2 inch lift orrrrr you can do the tbar crank and shackles and have a 4" lift and get 32's

Old 01-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Beginning Member

to Get 4" off of a t bar crank you needa get aftermarket t bars right? I understand that i can fit 31s with a 2" body lift i was just wondering how it looked.....if it even looks much taller than stock? most everyone with pics has the body lift and t bars cranked i just wanna see what body lift only looks like cus i dont really wanna crank the t bars but i will if the body lift dnt make much of a difference.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:11 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

31x10.5x15 suite these trucks perfect imo. furthermore beastly with slightly offset rims. i love the wide stance look, mmmmm

Old 01-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Beginning Member

Wheres a good place to order lift shackles from and whats a good brand?

Old 01-23-2011, 10:41 PM
BF Veteran

most shackles are the same pretty much, go on ebay get the $50 set probably the cheapest good ones you will find. just don't get the $20 advance auto lift shackles they don't have any reinforcement in the middle, and beware of really long shackles you can only legally make your shackles 2" longer than stock

Old 01-25-2011, 09:18 AM
metalmann_z is on a distinguished road

i jus got a set of the advance shackles n havnt put them on yet is there any way to reinforce them or something to make them stronger

Old 01-25-2011, 02:38 PM
BF Veteran

you could weld a piece of metal between them but if you don't have access to a welder other than paying someone to do it you should have just got a good set of shackles, and legally you can only put it on the first hole nothing longer

Old 01-25-2011, 03:43 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
you could weld a piece of metal between them but if you don't have access to a welder other than paying someone to do it you should have just got a good set of shackles, and legally you can only put it on the first hole nothing longer
The only such shackle law I've found is in the following article, even then, it's only mentioned under Michigan http://www.offroaders.com/info/tech-.../lift-laws.htm

Quick Reply: lifting my 98