Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   Lifted my blazer ready for tires! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/lifted-my-blazer-ready-tires-75481/)

BoDog89 11-29-2012 12:41 AM

Lifted my blazer ready for tires!

3 Attachment(s)
Installed my add a leaf and cranked my torsion bars couple weeks ago wanted to get everyones input. Gonna keep my wheels just get 31s soon, and probably have to buy spacers for the rear. Here are Before and After pics. The first pic is before lift other 2 are after.

247monster 11-29-2012 02:56 AM

looks great dude!!

Diaita 11-29-2012 12:07 PM

looks good! keep in mind 31s will rub the frame, but still quite drivable.

BoDog89 11-29-2012 12:13 PM

Yea read alot about that on here, figure i can keep myself from turning to sharp. Was thinking of getting 30s but i can get 31s for a better price.

newguy 11-29-2012 12:44 PM

And get offset rims down the road

Diaita 11-29-2012 01:02 PM

i ran 31s on mine with no lift for a while. it rubbed, but it didnt hurt anything but a patch of paint on the frame.

Truk 11-29-2012 08:50 PM

I'm running 31s with pretty much the same setup. 2" rear from the short AAL, 1.5" front crank. On stock wheels everything is great. When I had my 15x8 wheels with 5.5" backspacing (put the tread of the tires about an inch out) it cleared fine turning, but the tire would hit the top of the wheel well on the front if it was stuffed upward. And yes, turning the wheels all the way with stock wheels will rub the tire on the frame, but it's not a big deal.

BoDog89 11-29-2012 09:02 PM

Still in the air if im gonna get new wheels. Figured i run my stock ones for awhile beings their PA3s then use them as spairs later after i figure what wheels i want. Leaning on a flat black style wheel, did you have to trim any with the 5.5, know 4.5 would probably have too but 5.5 is close to stock.

Truk 11-29-2012 09:29 PM

I didn't trim anything that was visible from outside. On the back of the front wheel wells where the corner of the fender sticks under I cut a triangle out to get rid of the point that was closest to the tire, and the front of the tire I cut a little out of the lip of the air dam. Nothing on the outside was touched, and the things I did are probably not needed with stock tires.

The aftermarket wheels are what I run on my ZR2. Before I bought the tires I run on my 4 door I tried the aftermarkets to make sure I would be ok, and that is why I had them on first. There is a railroad crossing I go over regularly that if I went too fast with the aftermarket wheels it would stuff the tire up and hit. I ended up finding a set of the factory 5 spoke wheels that were on ZR2s before they switched to the style you have for $75 that I stripped and repainted.

BoDog89 12-01-2012 12:17 AM

great i was just wondering about aftermarket because i would like black wheels. Probably stick with the stock for now until i get new wheels.