Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   Need an answer!!! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/need-answer-78222/)

02blazr 03-27-2013 05:49 PM

Need an answer!!!

Hey I am working on lifting my 2002 blazer ls and I plan on doing a body lift soon but my question is what really is the best body lift?? tired of seeing everyone have not a final answer people just say "welllll this one has good instructions...." I want to know what body lift it is, how durable it is, and how much is it? not looking to break the bank also. Thanks to anyone who reply's :icon_beerchug:

warthogdriver 03-27-2013 07:00 PM

performance accessories seems to be the most popular one. its what i have. the quality of parts are great and yes, good instructions. as far as durable, several years on my ride and no problems..all brackets are in good shape.
suspensionconnection.com has good prices.
i just picked one up from them for my f150 ( i know, i know) for 145.00 shipped.

02blazr 03-28-2013 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by warthogdriver (Post 576025)
performance accessories seems to be the most popular one. its what i have. the quality of parts are great and yes, good instructions. as far as durable, several years on my ride and no problems..all brackets are in good shape.
suspensionconnection.com has good prices.
i just picked one up from them for my f150 ( i know, i know) for 145.00 shipped.

All right thanks!!! haha I wont say anything about the whole f150 part.... but thanks!! i was looking at the zone body lift but also the performance accessory kit too. how long did it take you to install and did you run into any difficulty's?

warthogdriver 03-28-2013 06:58 PM

The body mount bolts is where you can run into the biggest problems.
if you soak them with pb blaster a couple of days out each day it will help. I did mine by myself in a day. From 7 am till 11 pm type of day. No breaks. Its not hard to do...just double check each step before you move on.

02blazr 03-28-2013 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by warthogdriver (Post 576344)
The body mount bolts is where you can run into the biggest problems.
if you soak them with pb blaster a couple of days out each day it will help. I did mine by myself in a day. From 7 am till 11 pm type of day. No breaks. Its not hard to do...just double check each step before you move on.

Alright sweet I guess Ill start soaking now hopefully have the lift within a month or so. im getting the performance accessory model 152 but I am not going to lift my rear bumper because I dont have a tow hitch and I need to tow my snowmobile trailer and it says in the directions not to tow anything with the bumper relocation brackets on.....sooo ill make some kind of gap guard for now.
Thanks Again!

warthogdriver 03-28-2013 07:12 PM

yeah no problem...glad to help.
yeah i have a hitch rec so i was all good.

good luck, i would download the pdf from perf acc and get familiar with it.
so now you have some homework.
:D