Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

shackle bushings

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Beginning Member
uncle larrys oranges is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shackle bushings

on everything ive read everyone melts out the bushings and puts new ones in but no one ever says why. Do you need new ones? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Old 01-08-2010, 01:35 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

On mine the bolt was seized up in the sleeve that it goes into and the sleeve wouldn't come out of the bushing.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:37 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Theoretically you won't need them. The reason everyone melts/torches them out is because they are a massive PITA to get out. 9/10 they are seized so the only way to get them out is to torch them. Of course, after you do this they are no good anymore.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Beginning Member

So after i torch them i wont need to replace them? i can just go without?

Old 01-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You need the bushings.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:30 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yeah, the bushings are needed. I don't remember ever saying you didn't need them lol. What I meant by not needing them was in theory you won't need NEW ones. But normally you end up needing new ones since they seize.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for all the info and wish me luck because I dont have a torch haha

Old 01-09-2010, 12:41 AM
Starting Member
Blazn1 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can drill them out also, instead of toching them. Mine were seized so I drilled around the sleeve until I could pull the bolt and sleve out, then droped the springs. It took me a couple of days to find replacement bushings. Was a real PITA.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Beginning Member

think itll be possible to do it without removing the bushings? its an 02 with minimal rust. im also going to be doing it in my garage with minimal tools so im REALLY trying not to replace them

Old 01-11-2010, 05:59 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

i have a set of 4 bussings that i got when i was going to put my shackles on. Insted i just went with air shocks. I will let them go for the right price.

Quick Reply: shackle bushings