Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Sas

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012 | 08:06 PM
|
Starting Member
Blazer_boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sas

Hey Guys so after some intensive off roading the last couple months I have gotten sick of the IFS alignments. Its starting to cost an arm and a leg and id rather do that than kill a $1500 set of tires. So my question to all you SAS guys out there, Is there any way to do a SAS and only go 4-6 inches higher than stock?

I currently have an 05 ZR2 with a 2" PA Body Lift and a 2" Super lift suspension lift running 33x10.5's.

I need to try and stay a bit lower as my truck is getting to the point it wont fit in the garage if i go any higher.

Thanks In Advance!

Last edited by Blazer_boy; 08-06-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-06-2012 | 08:22 PM
Verno will become famous soon enough

Mine has 1/2 inch clearance on a standard 7 ft. garage door, & it's on 35's.

Old 08-06-2012 | 09:01 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Blazer_boy
Hey Guys so after some intensive off roading the last couple months I have gotten sick of the IFS alignments. Its starting to cost an arm and a leg and id rather do that than kill a $1500 set of tires. So my question to all you SAS guys out there, Is there any way to do a SAS and only go 4-6 inches higher than stock?

I currently have an 05 ZR2 with a 2" PA Body Lift and a 2" Super lift suspension lift running 33x10.5's.

I need to try and stay a bit lower as my truck is getting to the point it wont fit in the garage if i go any higher.

Thanks In Advance!
I think 5.5 inches is the regular height on an sas when you convert to spring over axle.

Old 08-07-2012 | 12:49 PM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

my truck fits n my garage but is too wide and to tall to get out. yes you can get it low, which is what you want, you can keep it sua with 35s or 33s whatever, just use d30/44 front etc and dont go over board with lift springs, a decent set of dakota springs up front has plenty of dropout/flex look around here 4wd SFA - S-10 Forum

Old 08-07-2012 | 08:44 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Verno
Mine has 1/2 inch clearance on a standard 7 ft. garage door, & it's on 35's.
yeah i think mine is about the same with 33s.

i have no clue how much lift i have. i did a spring over in the rear along with a 3inch block so if someone knows what a spring over gives you add 3 inches then there you go. i could probably lose a inch or maybe 2 if i reallllly had to. but as it sits now in some extreme articulation moments offroad they will hit the fender

Old 08-08-2012 | 09:39 AM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

a spring over sas lift gives u 4-6" of lift depending on the axles and springs u use. if u use a stock spring for the front ul be ok and still be able to run 33s or 35s and make the garage.

Old 08-08-2012 | 09:52 AM
skotti will become famous soon enough

GO BIG! Lift the garage!

stay spring under in front, spring over rear, adjust shackles to level. will still be good with 33s. or do the suspension the way u want and ditch body lift.

Old 08-08-2012 | 07:13 PM
|
Starting Member

Originally Posted by skotti
GO BIG! Lift the garage!

stay spring under in front, spring over rear, adjust shackles to level. will still be good with 33s. or do the suspension the way u want and ditch body lift.
I like your thinking LOL.
I was debating on removing the body lifts it would probably prove to be more beneficial to me in the end.
Thanks for the help guys Much appreciated!

Old 10-04-2012 | 02:47 AM
|
Starting Member

Digging up an older thread,

Okay so recently i have started trying to collect parts for my sas and at one time there used to be kits you could purchase....seems they fell off the face of the earth, can any one help me out?
as well what is preferred from you guys who use your rig as a dd and wheeling, Coils or leafs?

Old 10-04-2012 | 07:06 AM
skotti will become famous soon enough

Only one i know available anymore. Chevy S-10 Solid Axle Hanger Kit - Sky's Off-road Design

It is a weld in kit

Quick Reply: Sas