Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

98 blazer lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Beginning Member
sharrard. is on a distinguished road
Default 98 blazer lift

cant decide if i should buy torsion keys and a add a leaf or just save up and buy the rough country two inch lift help me out here

Old 04-02-2011, 11:36 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I'd say save your money by using the stock keys and then buy the add-a-leaf (or pull an extra leaf off a blazer at a junkyard)

Old 04-02-2011, 11:38 AM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

im trying to decide too on either doing a suspesion lift or body lift. I think im leaning more toward a body lift after reading all the post on torsion bar cranks and more wear to front suspension parts. Think doin a suspension lift will just open a can of problems with front suspension, alignment and axle. Seems like body lift doesnt cause so many changes/ problems other than body heighth ofcourse. Im lookin at Performance Accessories Body Lift part #152 its a 2"bl complete kit for like $215

Old 04-02-2011, 11:43 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Body lift is harder to install, but probably worth it.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:46 AM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

The only thing i heard hard bout body lift was extending filler tube to gas tank. Any other thing i should be aware of?

Old 04-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Starting Member
jackdough is an unknown quantity at this point

i didnt have to extend anything for the 2" body lift on my jimmy. just lift it carefully and watch to make sure there isnt tension on anything. if you did have to extend the neck, it wouldnt be a big deal. the only thing i had to modify was the lower fan shroud and bumper brackets. i also have my t bars cranked and as long as you dont go too crazy with it its really not too bad on the front end. they say 1.5" is pretty safe.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Beginning Member

the two inch rough country is designed to not wsear out front end parts

Old 04-02-2011, 01:33 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
Body lift is harder to install, but probably worth it.
having done both body and suspension...i thought body lift was a walk in the park.

1.5" torsion crank and some 50.00 shackles will do the job for ya on the cheap. just remember an alignment.

only draw back i had with the t-crank was cv boots slipped...an easy 3.00 fix, never looked back.

as far as wear i haven't noticed anything terrible at all.

i am running t-crank, shackles, body lift and suspension lift....maybe a little overkill.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Beginning Member

someone answer me should i get the damn lift or just torsion crank

Old 04-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

Get the damn lift if you want to spend more money to make sure you don't kill your front end. Crank the damn tbars if you wanna do it the cheap way. The final decision is up to you. Not anyone else. The info you need was all given to you and if you need more assurance than that, use the damn search feature.

Quick Reply: 98 blazer lift