Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

START HERE - lift kit list

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 03:38 AM
959900s10blazer is on a distinguished road

Is there a 4inch suspension lift for a 00 blazer??

Old 07-02-2017, 05:58 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

2 inch suspension, 2 inch body lift

Old 08-04-2017, 01:15 AM
Starting Member
David Beverly is on a distinguished road
Default 96 Chevy Blazer 4x4

I have a 96 Chevy Blazer 4x4, what gen is that

Old 08-04-2017, 04:24 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by David Beverly
I have a 96 Chevy Blazer 4x4, what gen is that
2nd gen

Old 10-03-2017, 07:49 PM
Starting Member
Bpthud is on a distinguished road

So guys I am a proud new owner of a 1984 s10 blazer. 2 door 4x4. Just picked up my 350 sbc to for my swap and have began to turn my attention to the height of my rig... I have read and re-read this thread more times than I can count and my question is has everyone stopped making lifts for the first gens??? All I am finding is the RC 2" and body lifts... want to roll some 33-35's but am not able to find the lift to accommodate them will the lift for 2nd gen retro fit back or be made to work with the first gen or am I SOL???

Old 10-03-2017, 08:15 PM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road
Default Color me clueless

Originally Posted by Bpthud
So guys I am a proud new owner of a 1984 s10 blazer. 2 door 4x4. Just picked up my 350 sbc to for my swap and have began to turn my attention to the height of my rig... I have read and re-read this thread more times than I can count and my question is has everyone stopped making lifts for the first gens??? All I am finding is the RC 2" and body lifts... want to roll some 33-35's but am not able to find the lift to accommodate them will the lift for 2nd gen retro fit back or be made to work with the first gen or am I SOL???
Sorry but I really don't know. I'd hope there is something out there because my son would like to lift his '85 S10 4x4 Blazer at some point.

What are you referring to when you say you picked up your 350 sbc for your swap?

Old 10-04-2017, 02:56 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Brian K. Balzer
Sorry but I really don't know. I'd hope there is something out there because my son would like to lift his '85 S10 4x4 Blazer at some point.

What are you referring to when you say you picked up your 350 sbc for your swap?

I was referring to the Short Block Chevy 5.7L 350 motor i am swapping my 2.8 out for 😎

Old 10-04-2017, 10:04 AM
Starting Member
Default Interesting

I was referring to the Short Block Chevy 5.7L 350 motor i am swapping my 2.8 out for 😎
I'd like to be kept in the loop on what that takes. I was told it wouldn't work with it being a 4x4 because of the front differential.

Feel free to send me a message with a breakdown on your progress and what kind of hurdles you have to jump to make it work.

Old 10-05-2017, 04:38 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Brian K. Balzer
I'd like to be kept in the loop on what that takes. I was told it wouldn't work with it being a 4x4 because of the front differential.

Feel free to send me a message with a breakdown on your progress and what kind of hurdles you have to jump to make it work.

I am under the impression both from research online and from friends more knowledgeable on the swap process than I, that it is a fairly common swap and there are several kits available online for this... will keep you posted on progress

Old 10-05-2017, 10:04 AM
Starting Member
Default Unfortunately...

I am under the impression both from research online and from friends more knowledgeable on the swap process than I, that it is a fairly common swap and there are several kits available online for this... will keep you posted on progress
You're more than welcome to let me know how it goes but unfortunately it no longer matters in application. My son was wanting to do something like that with his '85 S10 4x4 Blazer but it was totaled last night when an idiot wasn't paying attention and slammed into him from behind. It looked like he was probably doing about 50-60 when he hit my son who was at a dead stop. Luckily he had it in neutral which might have helped a little. It shot him up the road a good block and a half to two blocks.

Other than eight staples in the back of his head and being extremely stiff and sore he's ok though so that's all that really matters.

Best of luck with your build.

Brian

Quick Reply: START HERE - lift kit list