Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Heavy Metal 2-3" Lift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 07:00 PM
Beginning Member
JBood is on a distinguished road
Default Heavy Metal 2-3" Lift Kit

Anybody run one of these? https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Front-2-R...5/283172348590 $125 on eBay. If not I'll likely be the guinea pig on a 97 2dr 4x4 5spd.

Old 04-28-2020, 12:00 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Nope. Looks like repackaged Chinese stuff. If the geometry is correct, these could work. The extra leafs will increase the rear spring rate though. Most people install longer shackles in the rear.

The new torsion bar keys could be good. I'm thinking I might or might not need to install those as I have my torsion bar adjustment at full and it is not quite as high as I like.

My build thread has a description of how I did my lift.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:48 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

The add-a-leaf will definitely stiffen the rear suspension, which you may or may not want. I did an add-a-leaf in my 4-door and I really liked the extra stiffness because the factory suspension was already kind of squishy. You should also inspect your main leaf spring to see if they're sagging beyond the next longest leaf in the pack, kind of making a w shape. If the main leaf is sagging you may want to look at replacing it, or perhaps making your own add-a-leaf from the main spring of a junk-yard pack. Quite a few people have done that with great success. What you do is take a main leaf off a vehicle from the junk-yard and cut the loops off the ends so that your add-a-leaf extends the full length of your main leaf, thereby adding support along the full main leaf. This will add a bit of stiffness, but will help prevent the main leaf from bowing on the ends.

Old 05-01-2020, 10:48 PM
Beginning Member
JBood is on a distinguished road

My leafs aren't sagging at all, so I'm good there & factory ZM6 suspension package (heavy duty off road) is PLENTY stiff with Gabriel Ultra shocks. I don't think it's repackaged chinese stuff based on the description, but I could be wrong. I'm currently running stock aluminum rims with new 235/75/15 Forceum MT-08+ tires (found these tires on ebay for $70 apiece, they seem to be holding up quite well, amazing tire for the price and extremely quiet considering how aggressive the tread is) but I'll probably run 31"s for the next set and considering Black Rock steel rims.