Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

High and wide Package Help For a LS blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 10:17 PM
moosehauler05'blaz is on a distinguished road
Default High and wide Package Help For a LS blazer

Howdy folks right off I'll let you my Truck 2005 Blazer 2Dr 4x4 LS base model I have Upgraded my Brakes and lines The new stainless steel braided flex lines have a extra 3 inches

I'm looking to lift the truck 2.5" and the Rough country kit is from what a hear not worthy because of cracking welds on the Control arms
with a little net surfing i came across a stronger tube upper control arm with a 1.5 lift in it (superlift) is the name for the Base model blazer / jimmy 4x4 only
or the 2" control arms for the ZR2 High and wide Package 4x4 only
Now I'm fine with the 1.5" as i have to replace all my rubbers ( control arms Boots Tie rods ball joints etc etc ) there all rotted and cracked and the inner passager shaft sounds like its going ..grinding sound more on left turns gone on right turns.
and i have 31's on there now and the only rubbing is on the frame of the truck at full turn

So my Question is : With the Higher and wide Package fix my rubbing frame issue? And what would i need to make sure going from a base model to a ZR2 high and wide package What else would i need to make sure everything fit if i Buy the (Lower OEM high wide) And (Upper Tube with 1.5" lift High wide control arms) I'm more of a paint and body computer geek so this will all be put together at a lift/drop shop thanks a head

Last edited by moosehauler05'blaz; 12-09-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:32 AM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

From what I understand of the ZR2 package, they actually changed the frame rather than the parts so if you wanted to get to that point you would need to essentially swap frames with a ZR2. The best way to fix the rubbing is some wheel spacers and maybe a body lift if you don't want to have to deal with trimming your fenders.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

They supposedly fixed the weld issue on the RC. Just FYI.

Otherwise, what Jake said. You won't gain anything by installing ZR2 control arms

Old 12-11-2015, 10:01 PM
moosehauler05'blaz is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the help After looking at my funds and brainstorming here and there I think i'm going to replace the Bushings and ball joints on the Lower control arms and get the Upper control arms that are with the 1.5 lift for 4x4 LS models and keys and shackles and by next summer/fall maybe a body lift and ya the wheel spacers sound good even a 1.5 spacer would make it clear

Old 12-12-2015, 05:59 PM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

If you're interested, I have a body lift for that year model I couldn't put on mine before I wrecked it so if you want it I'll sell it for $150+shipping or $200 flat out, whichever if cheaper for you. You can pm me if you're interested.