Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   torsion bar key lift (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/torsion-bar-key-lift-76528/)

fixrupr95 01-15-2013 07:12 AM

torsion bar key lift

im thinking of swapping my t-bar keys for 3 inch ones so the front will be higher:cool: ive been going through forums looking on how to do it and cant find anything :icon_special:any help? if possible start to finish info

rexmburns 01-15-2013 08:11 AM

Don't waste your money on them! Anything more than about 1.5-2" will start destroying front end parts very quickly. For that much lift you can use the factory keys.

duxtoyz 01-15-2013 09:56 AM

u can actually put in ZR2 keys and get a lil more out of ur front end but not destroy front end parts. they have a different pitch stock then a stock key has, in return giving u a lil more lift. i had them on mine with 3" shackles and i fit 31x10.5 just fine and no rubbing at all. could of fit 33s just fine but didnt want to. but if u wanna get 4" or so a sas would be ur best bet.

neo71665 01-16-2013 06:46 AM

What was the part number on those zr2 keys?

S-series had 6 different t-bar rates and I think we have found 4 or 5 keys. Zr2 used the same part options as all the rest of the s-series so just because its a zr2 depending on what his truck has now it might be a down grade. Zr2 does mean it has a greater chance of having the top 3 rated t-bars but that's it. Zr2 doesn't mean it has magic stronger parts that automatic gives more lift. Zr2s got their lift from using normal parts mounted lower on the frame. That's their big "secret" nothing else.

duxtoyz 01-16-2013 09:21 AM

o, well i dont know the part number. and i just put them on and it seemed to work for me. i have since got rid of the ifs stuff and the keys so sorry i cant help. and i didnt know that about them, thats dumb. i do know though that with my keys turned up and not all the way i had a good amount of lift without my tires tilting inward like they do when u crank the hell out of them. :) sas is the way to go.

fixrupr95 01-16-2013 09:56 PM

I have the factory keys on there now cranked all the way up I put 3 inch shackles in the back a while ago and what's an sas? I've probably heard of it but don't remember

neo71665 01-16-2013 10:40 PM

Solid Axle Swap-SAS (and its the same) Solid Front Axle-SFA.

fixrupr95 01-17-2013 06:27 AM

if i had the money id definitely go with it but i dont

neo71665 01-17-2013 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by fixrupr95 (Post 562411)
if i had the money id definitely go with it but i dont

Money is easy to spread out, shop for deals and spread it out over time. When I done my first with dana 30 front and ford 8.8 rear I done it for under $1000. I actually have less in my dana 60s now than I did those tiny axles. After i bought the ford, took what i wanted (axles, odd and ends), sold the rest i made money. I sold the 460 engine for more than i gave for the entire truck.

89 Blazer Lebanon 01-18-2013 05:59 PM

Do the upper control arm ball joint flip like I did. That will give you a little more lift and more suspension travel, and it will cause much less tilt on your tires as I have tried and experienced. Now with my T.B. cranked almost all the way up (3/4) and with custom thicker/stiffer rear leaves, I have 265/70 R15 tires with the thick plastic fender flares on, and no rubbing at all even on full flex. Will mount 31" tires (little more height) next year. You can even buy ball joint spacers or fabricate them (which should be simple), and that should give you even more lift and less stiffness on the front (as you'll be able to re-torque your T.B.).
Don't forget to realign the front, specially the camber.