Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Wierd Question??

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 06:32 PM
95BlazerLt4wd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Wierd Question??

i dont see how longer shocks will make bumps less "brutal"? thats because the tbars themselves are twisted at a degree thats not recomended.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:39 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Well lifting the t-bars flexes the suspension, that's what gives you the lift. Bumps are real harsh because you actually top out your suspension, so your blazer rips back down to the ground..which hurts. Longer shocks decrease give you more travel to it will cut down on this a bit. It'll probably still be pretty harsh cause untill you get better angled control arms or something else, but lift shocks are a good start!

Edit: I've been mistaken/misinformed before on this whole front suspension thing, so I could be wrong and longer shocks wouldn't help at all...but it seems to make sense to me in theory! I've still got the factory Bilstiens right now..gimmie a couple weeks i'll letcha know

Old 03-22-2008, 09:01 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

would getting bigger shock do anything for lift? or do you have to change the springs an stuff like that?

Old 03-22-2008, 09:40 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

RANCHOhas a line ofshocks called "quickLIFT"

they are suppesed to lift up the front. i am not entirely sure how they work. according to the website there is a "myRIDE 9 position manual/remote tuning"

unfortunately, they do not offer them for our trucks

Old 03-22-2008, 09:56 PM

That sucks, i think im going to be doing a body lift, but a dif. idea since theres gonna be more frame showing im going to sand blast it make it nice, then either paint it black or spray the truck bed liner on it to protect in a way. If that makes sense.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: tjwiens91@hotmail.co

That sucks, i think im going to be doing a body lift, but a dif. idea since theres gonna be more frame showing im going to sand blast it make it nice, then either paint it black or spray the truck bed liner on it to protect in a way. If that makes sense.
Quick question, can you do shackles in the back with no t-bar crank? An how much lift can you get off the t-bars without doing damage?

sorry about the repost hit the wrong button! lol

Old 03-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Starting Member
YepIOwnA97Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

if you don't crank the t-bars and put shackles on your truck will look funny and have a lot of rake to it

Old 03-22-2008, 10:22 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Yea I did the same thing with the frame, very good plan. However I didn't use a sand blaster..I just have a dinky detail abrasive blaster for my dad's air compressor...so I used a box of steel wool/soap (SOS pads), then coated with 3M Rubberized undercoating.

Also you can do shackles with no t-bar lift, but you'll just be lifting the back end obviously...which will increase your forward rake. If that's the look you like, go for it...[:'(]

It's debatable what exactly is 'safe' as far as upwards movement from the t-bars. It really depends on how much driving you do, where you do it, and how worn the other parts of the front end are. I thought I was safe with my 1.25' of lift, but I blew out a CV. I've read on here before that 1.5' is 'safe' but still dangerous based on the other parts. 2' is only possible if you bars were sagging already but very dangerous to do (very likely to blow out parts).

You just have to figure out what it's worth to you, and if you're willing to take on the expense of further replacements. It was to me so I did it

Old 03-22-2008, 10:22 PM

how far can i crank the front without blowing out parts?1 in. 1.5 in?

Old 03-22-2008, 10:25 PM
BF Veteran

It all depends. You should be fine with 1', but that will probably only level the blazer, as most trucks and suv's have a bit of forward rake from the factory. I think Matt (otnietdehoooo) did the 1' just to level it, and I don't recall him having any problems as of yet.

Quick Reply: Wierd Question??