Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

95-97 projector lights for composite beams..do they make them?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 09:17 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
Because I bet you don't actually have 'more' light, but the light you have is more focused into a smaller area. But if you like them, then don't worry about all the hassle of changing it into something you won't like.
So when something is brighter, and makes things more visible, and from farther away, I dont actually have more light than HIDs? Everything I have ever learned is false now. LOL

Last edited by richphotos; 11-04-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:07 AM
KerbyG is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
So when something is brighter, and makes things more visible, and from farther away, I dont actually have more light than HIDs? Everything I have ever learned is false now. LOL
Well yes and no. Haha, like I said, the projectors refine the light. HID bulbs in regular halogen housings throw light every which direction because the light pattern is to great for the headlight reflectors to properly place them. The projectors allow for better light dispersal, and with the right set up, you can get a far better light output than non projector set ups.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:15 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I am not using HID though.. I am using 60w halogens with a heavy duty harness that pulls power directly from the battery, giving the bulbs more power.
I can see the road better, ahead of me better, side to side better as well.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

HID's output far more lumens than halogens. When I get my retro done I will do a side by side comparison with h4 conversion housings. My money is on the retro

Old 11-04-2012, 02:09 PM
KerbyG is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
I am not using HID though.. I am using 60w halogens with a heavy duty harness that pulls power directly from the battery, giving the bulbs more power.
I can see the road better, ahead of me better, side to side better as well.
Ah, well then we all misread your post xD I was under the assumption you were talking HIDs. But wither way, the retro will produce mote light than than that. I'm also running the relay harness, quad beamed with 5000k lows and 60w halogen higha before I put he bixenon in, and it would light up the road more than anything...until I did my retro

Old 11-04-2012, 02:18 PM
BF Veteran

Lets agree to disagree on this one LOL! Ive been next to HID's with projectors. But maybe my eyes are just bad

But we can agree that sealed beams suck.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:21 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Hell yea sealed beams suck... I Like my h4 conversion setup .

Im not crazy about projector looks ... This is why I dont have HIDS.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:38 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Rich, if you want to come over here (or pay my way out there ) we can compare my single motorcycle HID projector against your H4s.

It should also be pointed out that most stock HID projectors suck. Only a few are worth retrofitting. If you look on theretrofitsource.com, you can see how there is only about 5 maybe 10 stock projectors that they sell, because of how most perform.

I will say that you made a good choice in choosing phillips bulbs, and not that sylvania crap.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:48 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

SO thor your saying my h4s suck ?? you Hurted my feelings man =(

Old 11-07-2012, 03:09 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

No, your H4s are 90/100 watt bulbs. Yours will put out a lot more light than a 60w bulb.

Quick Reply: 95-97 projector lights for composite beams..do they make them?