Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 10:50 PM
swanman35 is on a distinguished road
Default airbag light

My airbag light has been coming on and off recently. I hav searched but found no answer. If the light is on will the airbags still deploy if needed? I want to make sure my girlfriend and brother or any other passengers are safe
Alsp the fuel gauge doesn't work .

Last edited by swanman35; 01-18-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:48 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

yeah, my airbag light come on and off from time to time. i have tried cleaning all the connections in the system and that works for awhile. oddly when its real cold the light never comes on, which makes me think that the wires on the outside are stiffer and hence not wiggling so much. as far as still working...dont know.
the fuel gauge not working could be the sending unit on the gas tank...possible bad ground.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:18 PM
blazerboys00 is on a distinguished road

My air bag light has been on since i bought my 2000 4dr. im not too worried about it tho. about the fuel gauge.. mine worked perfect, then when i replaced the transmission, it is either pegged on empty or pegged full...any ideas?

Old 01-19-2013, 04:51 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

my 01 civic had the SRS light on after an accident that didnt set off the air bags , it was the seat belt tensioner that caused it

Old 01-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

the air bag light on my 4x4 and my work blazer both turn on and off when they feel like it. i fixed the problem with some electrical tape over the dummy light so that way i dont think its the CEL or something. i have noticed that it will turn on and off faster if im on a bumpy road or going over dips.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Starting Member
blaz is on a distinguished road

My air bag light was the clock spring. It would go on and off also. I had the codes read and it was the connection to the drivers air bag (clock spring). Reading the codes will point you in the right direction.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:07 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Dealership to read the codes?

Old 01-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Starting Member
blaz is on a distinguished road

It is good to have friends. I didn't have to go to the dealership. I have a reader for the SES. Air bag and ABS require something more. I have a few friends with better readers.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:48 PM
swanman35 is on a distinguished road

So it is safe? And the gas gauge was stuck on full or empty at times, but now it's pointing straight down.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:00 PM
05BlackJimmy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swanman35
So it is safe? And the gas gauge was stuck on full or empty at times, but now it's pointing straight down.
I'm gonna say no its not, if the light is on the system is not operating properly and should be diagnosed with a proper scan tool.

Quick Reply: airbag light