Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lighting & Electrical (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-52/)
-   -   Alternator Upgrade Question (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-52/alternator-upgrade-question-75847/)

tibby 12-17-2012 04:04 PM

Alternator Upgrade Question

Okay. Have a question about an alternator. I called up a shop and the guy has a 02 Chevy Silverado Alternator off of a 5.3. He didn't know the model number on there. But I just found an 05-07 Silverado Escalade Alternator on eBay for cheap. Would it fit?

This link

Twip 12-17-2012 04:12 PM

i dont know for sure. but you if the shop is close by, just cruise over there and size it up. some quick measurements and sizing should tell you all that you need. another thing i dont know is weather the amp difference will be a factor. might want to try and check that too, or do some more research.

tibby 12-17-2012 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Twip (Post 557052)
i dont know for sure. but you if the shop is close by, just cruise over there and size it up. some quick measurements and sizing should tell you all that you need. another thing i dont know is weather the amp difference will be a factor. might want to try and check that too, or do some more research.

Well. I know this post has been on here for awhile. But no one has ever mentioned the alt I referenced in the original post. Maybe this one would fit instead.

4X4GS10B 12-18-2012 04:34 AM

call the auto parts store they'll be able to tell you with cross referencing worst case scenario go to the auto parts store look at them both at the counter....

neo71665 12-18-2012 09:30 AM

You want an ad244 off a fullsize. It will have the reg built in and the electrical plug will have 4 prongs. Some of the newer trucks have the ecm control the reg and the electrical plug will only have 2 prongs.

The ad244 is bigger and requires a longer belt. It does bolt in. I ran one on my blazer 2.8 and 3.4 engines before my v8 swap and when its done it'll have one on it.

gitch93 01-14-2013 08:35 PM

ok not much threads about the alternator upgrade but i got a 2000 jimmy and my entire electrical system us upgraded from a optima red top to the big 3-4 gauge wire mod. what gm years and alternators will bolt on and give a high amp rating over the stock 100. i been trying to research rebuild kits but no luck. i run alot of offroad lights and a 9500 pd winch with stereo and hids any help would be thankful

richphotos 01-14-2013 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by gitch93 (Post 561899)
ok not much threads about the alternator upgrade but i got a 2000 jimmy and my entire electrical system us upgraded from a optima red top to the big 3-4 gauge wire mod. what gm years and alternators will bolt on and give a high amp rating over the stock 100. i been trying to research rebuild kits but no luck. i run alot of offroad lights and a 9500 pd winch with stereo and hids any help would be thankful

I do not mean to be rude, But look at literally the post right above yours, Tells you exactly what you need

You want an ad244 off a fullsize