Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

best headlight replacement bulb

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Beginning Member
tiw1990 is on a distinguished road
Default best headlight replacement bulb

Im looking for a really bright bulb to upgrade from the stock bulbs its getting difficult to see at night any suggestions and what size should i get for the lows and highs
thanks

Old 01-11-2012, 07:09 PM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

go with HIDs they are great. I got mine from hidextra.com. Check them out

Old 01-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Beginning Member
1989Blazin is on a distinguished road

I got "projector" headlights and an HID kit, the difference is amazing!!!!!

Old 01-11-2012, 09:12 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

What are you driving? 2nd gen projectors are really good & I see that 1989blazin has "projectors" with HID's. Not sure if they're true projectors or not but that being said IF a housing is made for HID's then you'll enjoy a much better beam pattern while not pissing off oncoming motorists with that FULL FLOOD SPLASH that you get from having HID's in non HID housings.
Originaly HID's & projectors were made to go together, so a decent set of projectors 'should' house & aim the HID's properly.
If you like halogens better, Sylvania Super Stars or something like that are the top notch halogens. Although some have said they have a short life span (keep the reciept for warrenty)
As for HID's 4300K - 6000K are the brightest HID's. They're equivalent to the sun around 1PM in the aft, or so they say for the type of color. So a 55W will have the same color effect but will be brighter, longer than a 35W HID.

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-11-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:33 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Hey 1989 blazin, can you get a pic of your beam pattern? I'm interested in seeing how those 'projectors' fair.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:50 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

I had a set of the fake projecters ina first gen.

I put them in with my hids about 3pm. The club went cruising so after I thought I had them aimed the girl and I left out. Everybody kept complaining about the glare so I kept stopping and aiming the down. Got to the point my fogs lit out further than my headlights. Went to a parts store, put normal bulbs in to finish cruising, unhooked the hids, threw the projectors in the trash can making sure each one busted.

The hids still glared in the normal housing but nowhere near as bad. Not having highbeams, having to aim them down more, and living in the country took care of them. Also took care of the front sheetmetal of my truck, damn deer.

I'm all for hids but only in housings designed for them. Just throwing them in normal housings should have higher fines and be more enforced.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:28 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Yeah, it doesn't get much brighter for our blazers than Hid's, unless you can get bmw to make a set of their new "laser headlights" for ya.

But halogens, some of those sylvania's are a load of overpriced crap. Why spend so much on sylvania's when you can get a comparable light for a cheaper price. Go with something like GE Nighthawk's for $20 or so instead of spending double or triple that on sylvania's.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:28 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Im not really to crazy about the 1st gen projecters

I did convert my seal beam headlights to h4 conversions with 90/100w bulbs thanks to thogert for leading me to this wonderful kit

so far no complaints on the road and they are very bright !

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 01-12-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:10 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Anyone tried HIR?

HIR Headlights 9011 9012 bulbs

Old 01-12-2012, 11:08 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by pettyfog
Looks interesting but it concerns me that a bunch/all of the links: demonstration, stats, product history, special info & FAQS - all the links are "broken".
Guess to order you'd have to email them?
It does look interesting & promising for those that don't want or can't use HID's, but they should have their website running properly.

Quick Reply: best headlight replacement bulb