Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lighting & Electrical (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-52/)
-   -   Dash Lights Out (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-52/dash-lights-out-76604/)

808Hawaiian 01-18-2013 02:28 AM

Dash Lights Out

Sup guys my dash lights went out on my 98 blazer. Also my fuel and temp gauges dont work. My mileage reads error and sometimes it lights up and sometimes it dont. I know other people have the same problem as well but i dont know what else to do. I changed the whole cluster and checked fuses still nothing. Any help is appreciated aloha.

chestypuller 01-18-2013 03:04 AM

ignition switch.

808Hawaiian 01-18-2013 01:04 PM

Thanks for the reply i dont know much about blazers but just curious, how could it be the ignition switch? Also how much do they cost?

808Hawaiian 01-18-2013 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by chestypuller (Post 562605)
ignition switch.

Thanks for the reply i dont know much about blazers but just curious, how could it be the ignition switch? Also how much do they cost?

chestypuller 01-18-2013 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by 808Hawaiian (Post 562724)

use search feature. its really fun and easy to use and youll get lots of info.

richphotos 01-19-2013 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by 808Hawaiian (Post 562601)
Sup guys my dash lights went out on my 98 blazer. Also my fuel and temp gauges dont work. My mileage reads error and sometimes it lights up and sometimes it dont. I know other people have the same problem as well but i dont know what else to do. I changed the whole cluster and checked fuses still nothing. Any help is appreciated aloha.

Dont listen to chestypuller. I would start with checking the grounds for the cluster, the main ground should be located under the dash above the E-brake pedal. I know first gens more so than seconds, so hopefully someone with KNOWLEDGE can chime in on this one.
But as :icon_screwy: said, in a nice way, Try the search function. It could yield the results you are looking for.

808Hawaiian 01-19-2013 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by richphotos (Post 562808)
Dont listen to chestypuller. I would start with checking the grounds for the cluster, the main ground should be located under the dash above the E-brake pedal. I know first gens more so than seconds, so hopefully someone with KNOWLEDGE can chime in on this one.
But as :icon_screwy: said, in a nice way, Try the search function. It could yield the results you are looking for.

Thanks for the reply ill check that tomorrow. Also i did try the search bar like you guys mentioned and everything seems to be pointing at the ignition switch. But ill try checking grounds first then go from there. Thanks again guys im open to more advice before i drop cash for a ignition switch.

richphotos 01-19-2013 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by 808Hawaiian (Post 562814)
Thanks for the reply ill check that tomorrow. Also i did try the search bar like you guys mentioned and everything seems to be pointing at the ignition switch. But ill try checking grounds first then go from there. Thanks again guys im open to more advice before i drop cash for a ignition switch.

Always start with the simple, most cheap route. Then work your way to the more complicated item such as the ignition switch.
Dont just want to throw parts in without diagnosing.

What happens when you wiggle your keys in the ignition?

xgiovannix12 01-19-2013 10:24 AM

This has good amount of information on the ignition switch on how it works and how to test it.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/articl...-switch-33465/

I agree checking the grounds before moving on to other issues. They say when you jump to conclusion like chesty did it will just waste your money.
Diagnose the issue 1st then go from there.

808Hawaiian 01-23-2013 01:48 AM

Sup guys i tried the ground, cleaned it and still nothing. Any other advice? After alot of research im thinking that it just might be the ignition thanks for all the help